Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2018, 10:53 AM   #1

Code of conduct?

Just saw a thread was closed because it violated a "code of conduct" and because "this forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales."

Forums should be allowed to cover the good, bad, and ugly so people can be aware of issues if they arise. Also so people can make educated decisions based on other people's experiences. I get it if they keep continuing to start new threads of the same thing, but if thats the case, keep the original one open and close the new ones due to redundancy.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:49 PM   #2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
Forums should be allowed to cover the good, bad, and ugly so people can be aware of issues if they arise. Also so people can make educated decisions based on other people's experiences.

^^^ this 100%!
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:57 PM   #3

The GB&U can be covered in a manner that follows a code of conduct. If I’m correct in considering what was recently closed, it was done so appropriately.
Civility, and maybe tougher, ethic is honed through practice and redirection, consistency and through reflection.
If closing a thread nudges any of us to a truer course, then so be it in my opinion.
EmMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:58 PM   #4

Well said, Mik. Seems like if there's anything this forum should not be about, it's censorship.

That thread's poster had a problem with SMBW. He wasn't the first and I daresay he won't be the last. I think that info is relevant for all forum readers.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:11 PM   #5
Site Team

Multiple threads started about the same subject is hardly censorship, but the line has to be drawn where the threads cover the same subject, and they violate the terms of this forum. Additionally, regardless of where anyone stands with regards to SMBw and the owners, we're going to keep this forum civil.

If, and only if, new information comes forward will additional threads be permitted. Frankly, if legal action is in the works, I would think lawyers would advise parties involved not to discuss the particulars publicly.

Herb
Old 10-01-2018, 01:37 PM   #6
Site Team

Garage
Here’s the code of conduct. You might read it. (It was also posted in the earlier versions of this thread.) It basically says “play nice”.

It’s one thing to raise an issue so other forum members are aware or can help. Repeated posts making personal attacks on others don’t meet that standard. Repeated posts making the same attacks on a third party when this forum has no way of addressing the issues don’t meet that standard. Repeated posts using defamatory language don’t meet that standard. They definitely go beyond covering the “good, bad and ugly” and will be closed.

Don

Life and baseball both sometimes are not fair, but it is how you play the hops that counts.
—Scott Miller, NYT Sports
rionapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:29 PM   #7

I agree with erring on the side of civility. While I think the recent threads about SMBW had valid concerns that warranted being raised and publicly discussed, I also personally felt that quite a few of the posts went beyond discussing the business and moved into highly personal attacks on certain SMBW employees that were pretty close to defamation IMO. The one poster's points have been made - repeatedly in multiple threads.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:43 PM   #8
Gone Traveling

Closed threads…

Closed threads…?

I don’t understand what the problem is with letting customers and owners compare notes and experiences on their products and sellers? I’m not here solely to bash SMBW. I have gained and offered very useful information, completely unrelated to my issues with SMBW. But it seems like they have some influence in what is said about them on this forum… That’s really not fair to the consumer. Just sayIn’.

And I’m sure this thread will be closed immediately and I will get kicked off the forum. And that’s OK. But people should be allowed to share and speak and be honest with their experiences.

I won’t own my van for much longer, so it’s OK if I get booted. But this is not a good way to run forum. Sorry, I’m just keeping it 100.

And if anyone cares to know, Sportsmobile Texas says it is going to start cracking down on SMBW regarding the way they are delivering their product to customers and treating them when issues arise, warranty work is needed… Etc. I’m glad to see that the parent company is finally doing something about this. I know of six other people who have sold their sportsmobiles less than a year after purchasing them because of the poor treatment they got from SMBW.- and now I am one of them. We will lose about $25,000. Plus the lawyers fees we had to pay for their lawyer to run us around in circles (ridiculous tactics), but it’s worth it to get them away from us. Their tactics are horrible and deplorable, and they are toxic. Even though we’ve been dealing with this for 11 months, I am still in complete disbelief that a company would do this to their customers.

If anyone wants to see in the pictures and the video is, I will probably get off of this site, so you will have to go on my social media and search for them. If anyone wants to see in the pictures and the video is, I will probably get off of this site, so you will have to go on my social media and search for them. “VocalVirgo” is my Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Periscope,. com, etc. etc.
VocalVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:50 PM   #9

Garage
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...tml#post236677

theres merit to why that thread was closed after reading into it further. I also agree that there is no need to keep starting new threads. keep the original thread updated as there are people here that want to continue following your story.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:59 PM   #10
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
I agree with erring on the side of civility. While I think the recent threads about SMBW had valid concerns that warranted being raised and publicly discussed, I also personally felt that quite a few of the posts went beyond discussing the business and moved into highly personal attacks on certain SMBW employees that were pretty close to defamation IMO. The one poster's points have been made - repeatedly in multiple threads.
I agree. I absolutely would have kept updating the original thread, but they were all closed. Every single one of my threads has been closed. When I asked the moderators why, I got no answer.

This one will be closed as soon as a a moderator sees it. And I will get booted from the forums. Not a big deal.Just wanted to share and be fair. The admin‘s are probably mostly fair, but I’m sure some of them are “fanboys“ and don’t want to hear anything negative. And I understand that. But an appendix forum should be just that.

@VocalVirgo
VocalVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote