Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #11

Re: Funny bumper stickers

I did not get one yet but need to. It may ring true for some on this forum.

"I live in a van down by the river"

Since I used to fish quite a bit I actually thought of the skit as a life goal. To have enough saved up that when I wanted to I could literally, live in my van, down by the river. For now it will just be on an occasional weekend.

catmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #12

My first car was a BMW Isetta, I put a bumper sticker on it that said NOT TOO CLOSE THIS CAR IS IN HEAT. My grandmother wouldn't let me park in front of her house.
Tom
05 Sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tneuer
My first car was a BMW Isetta, I put a bumper sticker on it that said NOT TOO CLOSE THIS CAR IS IN HEAT. My grandmother wouldn't let me park in front of her house.
Tom
a BMW isetta! Impossible! I thought I had the only one. I had a 600 in high school. I have never seen another except online.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #14

Garage

Here's a whole bunch, though they might be there to hold the van together. My favorite of this lot is "Actions Speak Louder Than Bumperstickers." A hi-res version can be viewed here.

Steve in L.A.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInLA
Here's a whole bunch, though they might be there to hold the van together. My favorite of this lot is "Actions Speak Louder Than Bumperstickers." A hi-res version can be viewed here.

Steve in L.A.
Completely not surprised that van originated in Portlandia (giveaway is the license plate frame)
Old 01-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #16

Since most of my miles this time of year are after dark it's been pretty slim pickins on funny bumper stickers. I thought I'd recycle a couple of my favorites from the past

I'm sure everyone has seen the yellow ribbon "Support the Troops" magnets. I saw a black one one day and it read "Support Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll".

Another sticker that got a smile from me was a spin off from the "Give Peace a Chance" sticker. This one was placed right next an Army Ranger sticker. It read "Give War a Chance". Not a concept I support but I give it credit for creativity.

Gnarvan 1992 E350 Clubwagon
Advanced 4WD Systems Conversion

Sotar Legend 12.5' X 22" Cataraft
2003 BMW R1150GS-Adventure
2013 BMW R1200GS-Adventure
Gnarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb
My pet peeve expands on yours.... A line of tailgaters all following a slow moving vehicle, and none of them make any attempt at a passing no matter no but they since they are all tailgating, nobody can pass without PASSING THE ENTIRE LINE AT ONCE.

Of course, when a 2-lane passing zone finally comes up, the slow guy up front never fails to speed up well beyond the speed limit, only to slow way down again once it merges, with all his tailgating minions still on his bumper.

This is the reason I turned off the 100 MPH governor on the my van.

I also really like it (not) when I'm in a truck and use a pullover to let traffic by, only to get stuck behind one of the cars that was just moments before tailgating me, and now I'm stuck going 10 MPH slower. Its like some drivers have zero concept of speed, and must have an anxiety attack when there isn't a vehicle in front of them blocking their view. Makes me wonder if they can't even see the lines lines, and they have to follow so close so they don't lose track of where the road is.
I had someone pass me on I-70, they pull back in and suddenly lose 20 mph off their speed. I pass them. She's on a cell phone. Two minutes later she's on my tail, passes me again. Did this four times. She would slow down yakking then speed up . . . I think it's subconscious and obviously the result of distraction.

The guy doing the "speed up when they can pass me slow down when they can't" knows what he's doing. He's a control freak.
bluesprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #18

Saw one a few years back that said "Avenge yourself. Live long enough to become a burden to your children".
Old 01-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #19
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesprinter
Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb
My pet peeve expands on yours.... A line of tailgaters all following a slow moving vehicle, and none of them make any attempt at a passing no matter no but they since they are all tailgating, nobody can pass without PASSING THE ENTIRE LINE AT ONCE.

Of course, when a 2-lane passing zone finally comes up, the slow guy up front never fails to speed up well beyond the speed limit, only to slow way down again once it merges, with all his tailgating minions still on his bumper.

This is the reason I turned off the 100 MPH governor on the my van.

I also really like it (not) when I'm in a truck and use a pullover to let traffic by, only to get stuck behind one of the cars that was just moments before tailgating me, and now I'm stuck going 10 MPH slower. Its like some drivers have zero concept of speed, and must have an anxiety attack when there isn't a vehicle in front of them blocking their view. Makes me wonder if they can't even see the lines lines, and they have to follow so close so they don't lose track of where the road is.
I had someone pass me on I-70, they pull back in and suddenly lose 20 mph off their speed. I pass them. She's on a cell phone. Two minutes later she's on my tail, passes me again. Did this four times. She would slow down yakking then speed up . . . I think it's subconscious and obviously the result of distraction.

The guy doing the "speed up when they can pass me slow down when they can't" knows what he's doing. He's a control freak.
You know what kind of bumpersticker I'd like to have is one that says "WARNING! I yak on the cell phone and text while driving". I'd follow em to where they stop and stick it on their bumper It would be worth hoppin out at a red light to put it on.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
You know what kind of bumpersticker I'd like to have is one that says "WARNING! I yak on the cell phone and text while driving". I'd follow em to where they stop and stick it on their bumper It would be worth hoppin out at a red light to put it on.
It is not good that ideas like this are entering my head.
bluesprinter is offline   Reply With Quote