Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2018, 08:51 AM   #1

I found my smile

I just got my first Sportsmobile. When I walk outside and see it in the driveway I honestly can’t believe I own one for real. It really has helped me find my smile
Who knew it was in my van☺️
Attached Thumbnails
E1D102F6-5C63-40FF-A493-6950D7AF3A35.jpg   3149BC1E-2A68-4758-A0D3-0C3B3484FE6F.jpg   D95EC144-BBED-407E-823A-D68C7DFBE387.jpg  

Jdkh2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:35 AM   #2
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
And WHENEVER I look in the garage I get the same thing!!!! And on a stressful day...sometimes I just sit in it! Welcome to CLUB SMB!!! See you on the road! And REMEMBER, LOTS of pics in the Trip Report section!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:29 AM   #3

Sometimes it's in the last place you look.
Congratulations on the new van. Now go enjoy it!
motoidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:36 AM   #4

Garage
Same here! I can’t believe there is one parked at my house or under my butt!!! So fun
Old 07-12-2018, 12:46 PM   #5

Looks like a beauty. More pics please!
wish41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:29 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdkh2001 View Post
I just got my first Sportsmobile. When I walk outside and see it in the driveway I honestly can’t believe I own one for real. It really has helped me find my smile

Even better than having it in your driveway, is having it in your campsite. Welcome.

Herb
Old 07-12-2018, 01:42 PM   #7

I felt that about my first Harley. I've bought 3 progressively better ones but that first one was the twinkle in my eye.

After having been looking for a Sportsmobile passively for 6 years, I can relate to your story. When I got mine in my driveway - I was positive that something was going to happen to "break" the deal - some problem with title, etc.

Now I'm already thinking about my next one :-) I heard about this popular thing called "mindfulness" - ie living in the moment. Passing fad or something to live by ? :-)
SMB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:27 PM   #8

I know the feelin'! Just back off of a 5,000 mile trip with the Missus of 53 years. Don't know how much longer we'll be doing this out and about thing. We've gone through a Class C, a diesel pusher, and now the SMB, albeit one without the typical floorplan...still fun and waitin' to run. Enjoy your SMB to the fullest my friend!!!!!!!

James
James4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:41 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdkh2001 View Post
Yeah, and the feeling doesn't get any less over time!
Attached Thumbnails
stoked.jpg  
Jack K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:23 AM   #10
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Ya know I'm the odd man/woman out on this site---I not an SMB owner, just own Ford E-Series cargo vans almost exclusively for work. I found this site some years ago while looking for ideas on parts, materials and how-to's on DIY build out. Along the way I've learned a lot and hopefully have shared some things of use to any van owner.

Over my time here I've noticed there is certainly a culture of great affection for people's SMB's of any brand, configuration or use. Many of us are almost in some process of fixing, updating or improving their vehicles; a lot of those changes not necessarily 100% necessary but come from better understanding what we need or want to make driving and using our vans to maximum benefit and enjoyment.

I'm impressed and feel a bit "at home" here knowing some vehicles go beyond simple basic transportation, that often times the journey is equally as important as the destination. JDKH2001 enjoy your new-to-you SMB and congrats on joining this great bunch of other van owners!
JWA is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, sportsmobile