Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2015, 09:44 PM   #11

Re: I hate hail

Sorry to hear about the hail damage but glad to hear the solar panels survived. Was in pea size hail a couple of weeks ago east of Walla Walla and it was no fun. Do you know how big the hail was?

larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:57 PM   #12

No idea... I was not here and the van is parked ~20 miles away anyway. Weather here can be completely different 300 yds away. (for instance... there was no rain at my apartment, but when I went to dinner I turned out of my apartment community and drove 2 blocks north and it looked like it had had a downpour)
2014 Ford RB
SMB 4x4
GrumpyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBadger
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt
Windshield too? Damn that sucks.
No windshield damage, thankfully... just the roof right above (not covered by the pop top).
Oh good! I misread your earlier post. Still sucks - sorry to hear.
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:56 PM   #14

Yup, I am in Aurora, CO and that crazy hail is why a van that fits in the garage is a must for me. The Dodge I have now fits easily and when I find that Ford I am looking for it will need to fit as well. I recently moved to Colorado and I am amazed at how many people have nice large 2/3 car garages filled with CRAP, while their $$$ vehicles sit outside on the driveway!!

Sorry to hear about the hail damage, hard to get away from around here it seems. I was talking to a neighbor and his comment was "yea hail season is pretty much from March till September" so that definitely doesn't make me feel any better about my vehicles, but the view/proximity of the mountains more than makes up for it in my opinion.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:52 AM   #15

That is a bummer. Have heard the front range has been getting slammed the last month with severe weather.

Fortunately we don't see much hail in the high country bc my new obsession doesn't fit in the garage and cover parking is even more expensive up here.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:03 AM   #16

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam
The hood is fiberglass, no?
my hood is fiberglass too. anyone know a rhyme or reason to what years have fg and which ones are metal?

sorry to hear about the damage

hail can be a bitch. fortunately we dont see a lot here, but i did get caught up in a storm weekend before last. saw pieces just shy of a 1/2", but most were around a 1/4". fortunately most of the panels facing upwards on my van are fiberglass.

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:12 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie
Quote:
my hood is fiberglass too. anyone know a rhyme or reason to what years have fg and which ones are metal?

I had no idea that some hoods are fiberglass......mine is steel......2008
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:59 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie
Quote:

I had no idea that some hoods are fiberglass......mine is steel......2008
Interesting.. Maybe they switched to steel with the new front end.. The older ones seem to be all fiberglass.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:27 AM   #19

Garage

sorry to change focus on thread, but it got me wondering...

couldnt find much info, but looking at adds on ebay it appears ford went to fiberglass in 97 through 99 for hoods with an emblem, and 98-07 w/o an emblem, then back to steel in 08. again, was a quick search, dont hold me to this info...

also saw these in the search. not my cup o tea, but could be something others might like instead of cutting up the stocker for vents.

https://www.octanemotorsports.com/97-07 ... 36638.html
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:31 AM   #20

2002 E350. Mine is steel.
2002 E350 ext.; 160K; 7.3L; 4R100 (w/4x4 deep pan & filter); 4x4 conv. w/2007 F250/F350 coil frnt axle (oppos. dual Bilstein press. shocks cured DW) diff chg from 3.55 to 3.73 (bad!); BW1356 t.c. (bad!); LT265/70R17/E Michelin LTX M/S2; Engel MT60 Combi Fridge-Freezer; 4 BP 380J pv panels; Auragen 5kw AC gen. in top alt. position; Webasto Dual-Top; Voyager top. 1995 5.8L EB Bronco, bone stock.
E350 is offline   Reply With Quote