Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2014, 10:26 AM   #11
Site Team

Re: Is it ever gonna rain in CA?sI

According this graphic about future rainfall patterns it's not looking good for the Southern CA. Where I live it's getting wetter.

Once I exit Hal, this is what I do.
https://larry.wvnet.edu/~van/pics/lic...late-small.jpg
WWW.WVBIKE.ORG
WVvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #12
Site Team

Garage

Seems these conditions repeat over and over. I think the biggest weather change I've seen is the pattern has moved forward in time. Years ago we always had rain in November. Now it seems to be more in December and later but November is warmer. March used to be a windy month but over the last few years it has been windy in April while March is calm. As far as rain we are just going through a few seasons of dry weather like we always get every few years. It was back in the 90's when we had this and it was like 79 when we had a similar weather pattern out here. Sorry I think man made global warming is BS but do believe in changing weather patterns...it's been going on forever.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:06 PM   #13

hmmh, it's hard to argue that the arctic is melting faster than elsewhere and glaciers have receded to next to nothing, especially in Europe but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

There's no denying the planet is heating up. We can debate the causes ad nauseum. In the short term, I find it encouraging that the latest model run of the ECMWF model is trending toward a significant storm for the west coast and southwestern US ~ Jan 28th or 29th.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:22 PM   #14
Dia

Re: Storm - Bring it on and hope it stalls out over top of us for several days!
Old 01-17-2014, 05:22 PM   #15

Garage

So friggin' dry here I'm afraid to fart.

All my winter photo plans have been on hold since November, the last sighting of that rare phenomenon called rain. Everything is brown when it should be green carpeted by now. Everything is so dusty and dry and we're getting summer type wildfires in So CA now. The lakes and waterways look sick and dead. This sucks. I'm going to stop flushing every time now.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:51 PM   #16

Well, didn't realize there was another SMB near Morro Bay. I was gonna head over to Montana but I usually go there, and wanted to try Morro Strand. Was nice, but it would be awful if even ?'s full. You guys sure have the nice part of CA, no offense to our Arcata poster or you SoCal guys.

I was in Carrizo in the fall and it was drier than I'd seen. You're right; it's awful when muddy. I wonder, is the lake drying up? One of my questions is whether if it stays dry it'll be worth going there again in the spring. I really like it, but it's not for everyone.

I'm also wondering about Goose Lake, which was pretty dried up when I was there in the fall, and Klamath Lake. Those gonna be dust bowls this spring?

I can see how this would inspire one to head way north. I once toured the PNW and BC, western AB. Rained some on me every day for two months. I am due for a trip back up there, and right now Prince Rupert or Port Hardy seems like just the ticket...although I've been in the BC rainforests during a short drought, and that was even scarier than down here in CA. That's a LOT of flammable carbon....
Old 01-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #17
Site Team

Garage

I prefer cool green hills and even fog during the winter and spring months but I'll have to admit that Bass fishing is awesome during these periodic drought conditions out here. Looks like time to hit the water soon. The last time was in the early 90's and before that was the 80's. Weird to see some of the old dams exposed. Hopefully the forest service will open the trails. I don't mind NO OPEN FIRES. We all need to be careful for sure.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:25 AM   #18

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeta

http://www.folsomtelegraph.com/photos/u ... ember-2013

Red Bank, CA is back.

Z

https://www.tomsinclair.net
Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:30 AM   #19
Site Team

Come to West Virginia. We have more water than we know what to do with. As long as you weren't planning to do something crazy like drink it or wash with it.

Once I exit Hal, this is what I do.
https://larry.wvnet.edu/~van/pics/lic...late-small.jpg
WWW.WVBIKE.ORG
WVvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:56 AM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta
http://www.folsomtelegraph.com/photos/under-lake-december-2013

Red Bank, CA is back.

Z
Very cool. Amazing to see how well preserved those parts are. Built to last.

Herb