Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #11

Jage:
Congrats on your purchase! I'm sure you will quickly work out the small issues and will happily be truckin down the road and off road.
Chris

Old 06-13-2007, 08:10 PM   #12

Adding to the list:
• Loose fuse panel under seat for outside lights, inside "bulb" lights and CO sensors (bad bad!) - remedy: bent fuse prongs to ensure contact until replaced.
• Broken mount on engine cover for console tray. The tray is removed by pushing up and is held by 3 washers on the end of plastic fingers. The upper driver side finger is split in half and missing the end washer. The console flops around. It's so easy to remove I wonder how it broke... anyway some tape and a screw may fix it temporarily.
• Driver's side side window doesn't open with knob. It opens ~1.5" and then jams. Solution: Have DW stand outside and gently lift while turning knob.

I noticed while checking the van that the PO seemed to avoid opening this window, I didn't because it's hard to reach over the counter. I doubt I'll use it much, but I can't tell exactly what is wrong to make it jam.

The fuse block under the seat was a know issue because when the lights didn't work the PO was like "Probably a fuse!" and jumped under the seat and touched it to make it make contact. Of course driving or doing anything unseats all three fuses. Taking the fuse panel out looks too involved to mess with, thus the temp fix of bending the fuse tabs. At least I don't have to get under the seat to make sure the CO monitors are working!

Knowing about all this stuff wouldn't have changed anything of course...

and my DW loves the van (although she approved purchase she hadn't seen it either), and she likes to drive it more than my F250... waaaay more.... uh oh!

Will be on the South Rim doing some field testing til next week!
Old 06-15-2007, 03:31 PM   #13

Arizona DMV

Jage,
Sounds like a typical day at ANY DMV office. Unless I misread you, your first year fee/tax is $550 total! Was there also sales tax? If not, that's a huge bargain compared to Calif. Here you pay approx. 7.5% of the purchase price THEN you pay a registration fee annually.
Chris
07 BMW 525xi wagon
Christopher Thwaites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:42 PM   #14

That's one reason we decided to move to Tucson and not San Diego or somewhere in Cali. Anyone know what tax and registration is in Nevada?
Old 06-29-2007, 10:29 AM   #15
Site Team

Jage,

While looking for a good deal on a Ford factory bench seat for my SMB, I came across this site which also offers a lot of rooftop vents and sunroofs. Thought you might be interested, if you ever want to get rid of the one you have. If you went with a larger opening, you could probably completely get rid of that install job the previous owner did.

http://www.discountvantruck.com/discoun ... es/van.htm

Herb