Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2009, 07:00 PM   #1

las vegas Oasis

just a heads-up.......

I had some issues getting a site at the RV Resort with my SMB. It seems we didnt meet their 'aesthetic standards". I finally got the site; the kids swam in the pool and we left the next morning rather than staying another night as the "ugly family".

i will not go back there. Much better to go out to red-rocks and camp. Staying in Las Vegas is not a place for SMBs unless you go stealth. get a hotel instead....cheaper than a campground.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #2

Re: las vegas Oasis

i know what you mean. the rv campground right next to the harbor in santa cruz has some wierd rules. they let us stay but i'm never comfortable. we bring the boat and fish for a few days so its easy to leave the boat in the water across from the rv park. but make sure your fully self contained. apparently the outdoor shower or porta potty don't qualify even when they give you keys to the bathrooms and showers. the other plus is there is a great playground right above the park for the kids.
2013 Honda Insight hybrid
jochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #3
NRL

Send a message via Yahoo to NRL
Re: las vegas Oasis

Are you talking about this resort? http://www.oasislasvegasrvresort.com/

I parked there last summer and I didn't have any problems.

They didn't hassle me about my sportsmobile, in fact there was an older Road Runner Dodge camper parked next to me also. I even got a shade spot pre picked out.
They have designated spots for van campers away from the big luxo land yachts.

For me it was about finding a secure spot near that end of the vegas strip to hook up the sportsmobile while I was at an convention and run the portable air condition all day to keep it a cool from the 114 degree heat that summer. Also to keep the batteries charged up for a trip to Zion right after the convention.. I think it was like $14-16 dollars a day which was a good deal for me with power.

I spotted someone's Sporto at the Luxor parking lot cooking in the heat which didn't suit me.

The pool looked inviting, although I did stay,sleep and swam at Mandalay Bay since it was so hot that week..
Warn12kWinch,FFloater,LSlip,Pwtrx Locker 4.10 305x70x16 ToyoMTs,Eagle Alloys,Stove,4CF Ppane Fridge, Air CompTank,Supersprings, Bilstein Shocks,Deavers,CastIron Diff Case, Bullet Proof ReBuilt Transmission, Tubulator DeRale Trans Pan Cover, SSExhaust, KyoceraSolar, Tripplite UPS, 8D AGM, TivoHD, 24in HDLED
95 FJ80 ARB/Kaymar/Emu
2005 AMG CL65 691hp 875tq
NRL is offline   Reply With Quote