Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2016, 07:57 AM   #21

Old standby's are hard to give up!!! My travel tabasco looks well worn! Ya might want to try Jamican Pickappa Hot Mango sauce…fab w/ pork! Good luck finding it!

Old 11-14-2016, 08:57 AM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitH View Post
I love Cholula. My kids won't eat eggs without it. It is pretty tame though. MG offers a good suggestion too, Aardvark is good stuff.
you aren't alone. I hear this from lots of my buddies with kids. its like some food is incomplete with out some sort of hot sauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post
Congratulations on finishing a bottle. I no longer have a favorite becaue my doctor has taken me off nightshade vegetables like potatoes, tomatoes, and especially peppers of any kind. What makes it hard is that Mexican is my favorite food group.
sorry to hear larrie. wife is in same boat. a couple years after we first met, she started having serious stomach pains. I rushed her to hospital and they hooked her up to morphine. that solved it for that day and they couldn't find anything else that may have caused the pain. this went on for about 80k worth of hospital visits. sometimes twice in one weekend. we had her gallbladder removed (which they wouldn't let us keep, WTF!? she freaking owned it for hells sake) as instructed, no improvements. after a colonoscopy from top and bottom (no pun intended) and they came to the conclusion she had some sort form of IBS. she was told to cut back on spicy foods, her fav of course. now that she watches her intake of really spicy stuff, she hasn't had any issues. shes not happy about it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainVo View Post
Thanks for this, it truly made me smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapatio View Post
Try Salsa Huichol. Medium hot, earthy and smokey character to it. Great for quesadillas.

https://www.amazon.com/Salsa-Huichol...ywords=huichol
the dillas would be what I add sauce to most frequently. appreciate the recommendation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwteleman View Post
Wait. Tapatío is recommending something other than Tapatío?

this confused me as well, lol. guessing it must be good to stray away from something he loved enough to use as a sn...

walking through work today I stumbled on this guys cubicle...

im guessing hes a connoisseur eh? might have a little talk with him soon. see if he wouldn't mind letting me have a taste test, lol.

appreciate everyone recommendations! just wish these bottle came in smaller options in case we didn't like them. would like to try a few random ones like everyone has posted, but some of them are big damn bottles. obviously I don't go through it as fast as some of you do
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:19 PM   #23

I really like Ring of Fire hot sauce. It's made locally. Great flavor & some heat with the XX Hot but not unbearably so.

https://www.amazon.com/Ring-Fire-XX-...fire+hot+sauce

My brother got me some El Yucateca sauce and it's great.

https://www.amazon.com/El-Yucateco-E...%A1n+hot+sauce

An old standby for me is Marie Sharps Habanero sauce.

https://www.amazon.com/Marie-Sharps-...nero+hot+sauce

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2016, 07:59 PM   #24

Garage
I second El Yucateco (red or green) and Marie Sharps. Both favorites of mine and too hot for the Mrs. Perfect!
My favorite was a local habanero sauce my sister picked up in St Martens. Like a curry Marie Sharps! it came in a hand-lettered bottle, and never could be found again. Wish she got a case!
velo47 is offline   Reply With Quote