Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #1

New GEAUX TIGER Bus! Just drove it home, AUSTX to LBCA

Hello forum members, I am just getting back to Ca. with my new (to me) 2002 Dodge 2500, PH SMB, white RWB, pics/features are in the sold section of the pre owned SMB/Texas website. It was over 1600 miles with no problems!

So far it is better than I imagined it to be! I love having a "steath" van camper that doesn't attract too much attention out on the road at truck stops, rest areas, Wallmart (I call it Wally-docking)lol, Church parking lots, businesses of all kinds don't seem to care so far.

After owning all types of RV's (travel trailers, Lance campers, Bluebird bus) I think I will be driving some type of SMB as a daily driver, for along time. It is exactly what I need right now for work, a LOW KEY mobile office/break area that does not need allot of prep/wrap, just pack and get on the road. It also will make family travel and camping much easier and less complicated than my Bus! A huge bonus is that my wife, family, and friends will be able to share the driving with me in my SMB. Of course it has LSU Tiger stickers on it! I hope to meet you all at a rally soon!

2002 Dodge 2500 5.2, PH, center aisle, 2cf Refrigerator, Starcool A/C, Propane Furnace, 110V Water Heater, Microwave, Inverter, Van Radio Switch, Battery Monitor, Under-floor Storage, Trailer Receiver Hitch, mud flaps, PPotti...New Geaux Tiger Bus! On order new CA Lic plates..LSU1TGR.......yahooooo!.com
Tigersmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:28 PM   #2

New SMB owner hoping to be welcomed to SMB owners club!

Is everyone just lurking? Any forum regulars or SCal members around?
Do the 4x4 SMBs hang out only with each other? Do the 2WD SMBers not chat on the forum? Anyone want to welcome us or tell me what's up?

I liked the way I was treated at SMB/Texas, Kevin and everyone was extra helpful in getting me out the door within a couple of hours of my arrival. No pressure, just good information and explaniations.

I will probably build one at some point if I continure to LOVE it as much as I think I will, it makes simple stuff easy! Example, when I drove my wife to urgent care, we did not have to drop her off or wait in a huge room full of sick people, or go home, come back and get her,(burning more GAS!) we just chilled in the SMB, the kids with books, games and DVDs, I was on the internet and took a quick nap, great! The kids LOVE the penthouse!
2002 Dodge 2500 5.2, PH, center aisle, 2cf Refrigerator, Starcool A/C, Propane Furnace, 110V Water Heater, Microwave, Inverter, Van Radio Switch, Battery Monitor, Under-floor Storage, Trailer Receiver Hitch, mud flaps, PPotti...New Geaux Tiger Bus! On order new CA Lic plates..LSU1TGR.......yahooooo!.com
Old 02-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to lowracer
Some big football game going on, I bet most people are parked in front of the tube instead of the computer screen.

I also bought my SMB from someone in Austin. Flew to Dallas to close the deal at the seller's credit union, then immediately drove the SMB back to San Diego. Excellent road trip, knowing I just had to pull over into a Flying J truck stop to overnight. On the way if I got tired I did the same thing, pull over for an afternoon nap, then resume driving refreshed and alert.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:05 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to 2much8ntenough
Congrats on the new SMB Tiger. Good luck; Geaux Tigers and happy Mardi Gras.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:08 PM   #5

Tigersmb,
Welcome to the club, the forum can generally be a little slow on weekends. Congratulations on your new ride. I agree the SMB works great for all kinds of things. The last time my daughter was sick,we drove it into work. she sat comfy on the couch with the dog watching movies and such. We all have a least one common thing on the forum, we have or want a SMB. Obviously there are people that post mostly about 4X4's, but I wouldn't say 2WD are not posting. Enjoy the ride.

-Greg

2004 E-350 EB 2WD V-10 custom floor plan
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:50 AM   #6

Re: New GEAUX TIGER Bus! Just drove it home, AUSTX to LBCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigersmb
Hello forum members, I am just getting back to Ca. with my new (to me) 2002 Dodge 2500, PH SMB, white RWB, pics/features are in the sold section of the pre owned SMB/Texas website. It was over 1600 miles with no problems!

So far it is better than I imagined it to be! I love having a "steath" van camper that doesn't attract too much attention out on the road at truck stops, rest areas, Wallmart (I call it Wally-docking)lol, Church parking lots, businesses of all kinds don't seem to care so far.

After owning all types of RV's (travel trailers, Lance campers, Bluebird bus) I think I will be driving some type of SMB as a daily driver, for along time. It is exactly what I need right now for work, a LOW KEY mobile office/break area that does not need allot of prep/wrap, just pack and get on the road. It also will make family travel and camping much easier and less complicated than my Bus! A huge bonus is that my wife, family, and friends will be able to share the driving with me in my SMB. Of course it has LSU Tiger stickers on it! I hope to meet you all at a rally soon!
I was at SMB-TX when you arrived - I heard that a buyer was in the office doing paperwork while I was in the shop working out some final items on my build. There was a little commotion in the shop because you arrived early and they still needed to get a couple of things done to the van before you took delivery.

I have the silver 4X4 Chevy that was parked at the back wall of the finish line, 2 vehicles in front of yours. I can't really welcome you to the family as I haven't taken delivery of mine yet. (We're still waiting for Aluminess to deliver the underfloor storage box & the generator box, both of which have been on backorder for 3 weeks.)
Old 02-04-2008, 11:03 AM   #7

Hello LSJR, I think I saw your SMB, it was a dream machine!

W E L C O M E T O Y O U!! Sure you can welcome me, your sold on the idea and put your hard earned money. down on it. I wish you would have had time to say hello and give me the 5 minute tour! Now you will have to come to Los Angeles this summer to show it to me. I would like to stay in touch with you to see what you like/don't like about your rig in the comming months so I will have the benefit of your experience with your Chevy SMB.

Man, the waiting must be hard! I would have only charged you a nonimal fee to drive mine..just kidding, it would cost you allot! lol Keep in touch!