Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to bettyford
Photos that make you disgusted !

Note the Handicapped parking sign

I had to hold my tongue.

The van in front of that Fat women is an old 4x4 conversion it has seen better days and doesn't move much.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
CIMG0227.JPG  

Old 03-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #2

Re: Photos that make you discussed !

In a former lifetime, me and The Boys pulled into a Supermarket to stock up on Beer

City Slicker came in a Porshe and parked in the handicapped space

We took a tow chain, wrapped it around his axel and a shopping cart

Sat in the back of my truck drinking beer

When the local sheriff turned up, dude got a ticket and car towed AFTER he politley asked us to unlock the chain

Methinks times have changed
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #3

Re: Photos that make you discussed !

Did she have a temporary handicapped decal on display?

You can get one for a hangnail these days.

R
Old 03-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #4

Re: Photos that make you disgusted !

What disgusts me is skis leaning against a vehicle. I hate when someone does that on my van.

Brent
Old 03-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #5

Grocery store some years ago some guy pulls in at night to a handicapped spot as I'm walking out, never one to hold my tongue I gave him shit. "You know that's a handicapped spot, right?" is my line, because maybe they forgot the temporary tag or something... anyway, this guy instead spouts off that he's a cop and I better mind my business, I say fine, give me your badge number then.

We exchange yells across the parking lot as I return to my van (my old one) where I called 911 and explained that this guy parked in a h/c spot, oh, and he claimed to be a cop but wouldn't show me ID or give me a badge number because I know the only thing real cops hate more than people who park in handicapped spots are police impersonators.

I wait in my van the guy comes out and leaves and I keep waiting. About 4 cop cars show up and I go over and start explaining the story first person. Well Mr. Douchebag must have wondered why I hadn't left before him, or had been waiting to follow me who knows. He drives back over realizing that's probably better than getting pulled over later.

After about five minutes one of the cops came over and assured me he wouldn't ever pull either stunt again, which was obvious because it was clear even from across the parking lot that they were giving him everything but a beat down.

Usually the best I hope for is to make them feel bad, that somebody noticed and cares they're being a jerk, but the guy coming back with "I'm a cop" turned it into a memorable experience. The holidays are the worst, like EMrider said everybody and their brother has a temporary tag. As for me, I felt guilty parking there when I had a broken leg and fully legit permit.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to bettyford

Great story Jage,
Sunday I drove the Van to the mountain to ski with the wife (Knee deep powder by the way)
and some A**hole blocked me in. I had even parked at the far end of the lot. So I checked and he had left his keys in his ash tray I moved his Toyota Van-pulled my van out put his back where it was then I put his keys back in the ashtray-and lock his doors. oops!! he will think he did it.

Ron