Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2010, 02:54 PM   #1

Products made in the USA: Split From Trasharoo

"its in transit from halfway around the world."
Its nice to hear someone is prospering in a new business, but it would be better to hear that Trasharoo's are being made here in America. Probably raise cost, but could help with sells to see made in America on them.

2003 e350 ext. 7.3 psd, keeping it prerunner-added python remote start, buchwackers fenders, pro comp rims 17X9 steel, nitto grapplers AT 34s, camburg suspension 6", deaver rear springs, alluminess nerf, ladder, rear bumper, galley box, spare rack. Working on: arb on board air, rear locker, and 410 gearing.
12bproper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #2

Re: New Product - Trasharoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12bproper
"its in transit from halfway around the world."
Its nice to hear someone is prospering in a new business, but it would be better to hear that Trasharoo's are being made here in America. Probably raise cost, but could help with sells to see made in America on them.

I agree, but with one thought
Are we willing to pay 100% to 150% premium on products made here?
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:54 PM   #3

It couldn't be that much, and If you can't find anybody here to produce something like that and still make a good profit, your not looking very hard. What do I know, I am just a carpenter.
2003 e350 ext. 7.3 psd, keeping it prerunner-added python remote start, buchwackers fenders, pro comp rims 17X9 steel, nitto grapplers AT 34s, camburg suspension 6", deaver rear springs, alluminess nerf, ladder, rear bumper, galley box, spare rack. Working on: arb on board air, rear locker, and 410 gearing.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12bproper
It couldn't be that much, and If you can't find anybody here to produce something like that and still make a good profit, your not looking very hard. What do I know, I am just a carpenter.
Well, if it was made in America by illegal immigrants maybe...
Zaskoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #5

NAFTA has made it more profitable for companies to have things built outside the us..and if you dont have profits..your shareholders get mad...its all driven by economy and big buisness greed...

and im ON THE LIST to be called when these suckers are available!!...

85 E250 Turbo 6.9 vegiburner
92 explorer (well the vin tag and body skins are anyway)
09 jeep wrangler unlimted...for walmart wheelin!!

nothing scares my wife like my boredom and a welder!!
wanderer351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer351
greed...
You said it. It's all about money. Who cares about our fellow AMERICANS.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:10 PM   #7

Re: Products made in the USA: Split From Trasharoo

Not the people that shop at WalMart, that's for sure.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:02 PM   #8

Well, I just can’t resist jumping into this one although I am sure I will regret it.

<RANT ON> Bill is right, the question is not whether it is made in the USA or not but will somebody buy it at the higher price? Will it still meet the value proposition? If there is a Trasharoo for $50 made in the USA and a Trasherwallaby made in china for $25.00, same size, same look and feel, which one will you buy? What is the break point for us as consumers?
Walmart proves that we don’t even care about value but are fixated with price. People shop at Walmart because they perceive that its cheaper. The pair of socks is a lower price than it is at Target or Kohls for example. Every year Walmart forces its suppliers to lower their prices and pass on a percentage of that to the consumers allowing increased gross profit and lower price. It’s a known fact and they don’t hide it. Even manufacturing overseas, suppliers can’t continue to reduce cost in a world where raw materials are going up. The result is that quality suffers. The pair of socks you paid five dollars for and that lasted five years, now costs four dollars but lasts three years. Your essentially paying more for your socks because they don’t last as long.
Have we, USA, priced ourselves out of the labor market.. globally one could argue we have but internally we still have a choice. Do we want to get the smaller 28” TV for 500 dollars if it’s made in the USA or get 42” made in Korea for 500 dollars. I think we all can guess the result if we asked 100 shoppers at the mall on Saturday. It has to start with the consumer not the manufacturer. “We the people” can make change happen if we so choose. Vote with our dollars not materialism. <RANT OFF>
spomo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #9
Site Team

For what it's worth, years back Walmart tried a buy Made-in-America campaign, but people chose the cheaper, imported stuff. They offer what people want and what people buy.

If you're convinced people will buy a Made In America version, sounds like a business opportunity for you. Of course you then need to ask if the parts (fabric, plastic buckles,...) are made in America, and then if the raw materials (probably petroleum) are from America...

I'll buy American made if possible, but I'll be the first to admit that there's a particular price-point differential where I'll buy an imported version. What that price-point differential is varies on product, mood,...

There are many contributing factors to increased manufacturing prices in this country, and many of those reasons will drive nearly all manufacturing out of this country at some point.

Herb
Old 05-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #10

Garage

I doubt Trasheroo is a publicly traded company.