Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2009, 10:09 PM   #1

RE-location

It's official, though my wife and I have been sleeping at the new house for a week and making trips down here since late October, tonight the SMB has finally moved out of the garage of our rental and into the driveway of the new house!

Old 11-21-2009, 11:48 PM   #2

Re: RE-location

Congrats Jage!

Keep us posted on the garage build.

steve
Does anyone really read this stuff other than surfgeek?
cellularSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:34 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to surfgeek33

Jage,

Does that mean your SMB doesn't have the "Dream Garage" (that you can actually fit a 4x4 SMB in) everybody was so envious of?

PS. Will be shipping tomorrow. Same addy right?

"I do, cellularSTEVE" :o)
surfgeek33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:20 PM   #4

Yeah, you have the right address. It's also under "Support".

Getting covered today. I might put a "lift kit" on the temporary garage just to keep it out of the weather.
Attached Thumbnails
firstSMBpark.jpg  
Old 11-23-2009, 12:57 PM   #5

Okay Jage, just what is that "temporary garage"? And would it hold up to a hailstorm?

I parked our rig under a tree in the backyard twice last summer when the NWS predicted hail, but thankfully escaped the predicted storms.
Dagger Royalex Legend 16 foot canoe (white-water)
Maravia New Wave 13.5 foot raft (fishing and white-water)
Ed in Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #6
rnj

Jage, Your almost my neighbor now.

I've had the temporary garage since 2003. The first cover had clear center that I didn't order but it wasn't worth sending it back at the time. It started disintigrating a few years ago so i replaced with one I later order without clear center, it's still good. No problem with hail, no problem with the 2' plus snow storms. I didn't have it up when we had the 4' storm but snow usually slides off.

Randy
Hankook Dynapro ATs 225/75-16 LRE
New to me 10/2008 - 2nd owner
rnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:53 AM   #7

So, just how many bed rooms does the new pad have? You know, so when I pickup my camper down there, I have a place to flop. Do you or Mrs. Jage know how to make Eggs Benedict...from scratch? I don't drink coffee, but I suck down Diet Coke like its going out of style. Yea, that's right, I'm so considerate I'm putting in my breakfast order early.

Congrats on the new pad! Now get cracking on your shop. You may copy my shop's design if you like. Has room for three semis plus another 25% of room for whatever (I dont have any semis, but if I did, they'd be inside). Didn't even have to drop the tower on our wakeboard boat to park it inside. Height is good. Even with all that room, I'm still tripping over crap, so currently building a loft for storage (and for a buddy to flop in when he's here and not in Baja, during Summer months). I'd recommend a loft when you build. For heat, its hard to beat a pellet stove for ease and near instant warmth.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:58 AM   #8

I saw a real nice garage when house shopping (unfortunately it was attached to a very bad house...) and at the back it had a loft for storage that had nice easy wide stairs, and under the loft was the "workshop" area, tool, nut & bolt storage and a few work benches. It was a great division of the space and something I plan to emulate... the loft was nice enough I was going to use it as a game room...

But yeah, eggs benedict and diet coke are a small price to pay for all the work you'll be doing on the foundation or framing (depending on when you visit...)
Old 12-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #9

You moved to Franktown? I just sold my house in Wispering Pines in Franktown last month! House sold in 1 week because that is posibly the finest place on the planet to live. No kidding. The Douglas county schools are rated as some of the best in the country and Franktown Elementary is the best in the county. That potentially makes it the best public school in the country. The county commisioners actually listen to the Franktown citizens if you get involved. I was the HOA prez and was really impressed. The fire station is great ect. The water is great and the air is clear of Denver and Colorado Springs pollution. Congratulations on your new home. You will love living in such a pleasant place yet 10 miles to a wallmart or parts house. Hit the Shell gas station early on weekday mornings and chat with the guys drinking coffee. Great bunch of guys, mostly retired.
The allmighty $ promotion is the only thing that convinced me to move to New River Arizona. It's just out of the air pollution of Pheonix and also on a non clorenated well water. Closest thing I could find in Arizona to Franktown. Franktown really was a great choice and I'm glad a good guy like you found it. Good luck with your new home.
Stumpalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
I saw a real nice garage when house shopping (unfortunately it was attached to a very bad house...)
Humm, sounds like our place...What a sh_t hole. Hate our house right now, but love the shop.

Anyway, I'll drop you line when we figure out when we'll be in Fort Lupton. Its about 60 miles from you, so perhaps we'll just have to meet up for Diet Cokes and gluten-free burgers somewhere.