Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2009, 08:42 AM   #1

Screen Repair and Joys of Porta Potty [Split from worst 10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
1. The bug screens front and back. Velcro keeps falling off. Worthless IMO but there might be a way to get the Velcro to stick.
Dave, Try Gorilla Glue. You have to get inventive with holding it in place with pressure while it sets, but since I did it the velco has stayed firmly attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffff
The privacy cloth that snaps to the ceiling and walls around the windshield and front windows area? We actually use that quite a bit, when "stealth" camping.
No that one we use all the time. Its an optional one that goes between the seats and the rear cabin.

charlie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #2

Re: What was a mistake or waste of $$$ on your van?

I started writing up a missive on the joys of having a portapottie, but then thought better of it.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #3

Quote:
I started writing up a missive on the joys of having a portapottie, but then thought better of it.
Why not? It practically writes itself: I don't use it for sh*t. It really p*sses me off. Doesn't work for sh*t. This sh*tty piece of sh*t, and so on. The title of the piece could be "The Blue Water Blues" Yea, I suppose the idea stinks. Guess it was a crappy idea.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
4) Rotating driver seat -- We only do it about once a year.
Isn't love precious

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie56
Dave, Try Gorilla Glue. You have to get inventive with holding it in place with pressure while it sets, but since I did it the velco has stayed firmly attached.
I’ll have to give it a try Charlie. SMB should know about this if it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deminimis
Quote:
Why not? It practically writes itself: I don't use it for sh*t. It really p*sses me off. Doesn't work for sh*t. This sh*tty piece of sh*t, and so on. The title of the piece could be "The Blue Water Blues" Yea, I suppose the idea stinks. Guess it was a crappy idea.
Ha… but the one time I wish I had it was when I was stuck in a dealership with a camera pointing down on me while I was stranded. I had a full ice chest full of beer…crap…Wait I didn’t crap in my ice chest…I mean it pissed me off about the camera…I couldn’t drink the beers because if I had to piss…Yikes!…or something like that. I’m just gonna drop this. I'm still scared of the porta potty

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:27 PM   #5

temp merging

Amen, on the port-o-sh@#er...That was actually one of my best mods. Getting rid of that thing. We drove around Baja for 6 weeks last year in my old Toyota truck. I never once needed one of those things. That being said, if I would have had one I would have been tempted to use it. Which I never want to deal with...So it's gone

As for a big waste of money....None yet that I can think of just yet
Old 01-24-2009, 12:52 PM   #6

Re: Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie56
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
1. The bug screens front and back. Velcro keeps falling off. Worthless IMO but there might be a way to get the Velcro to stick.

Quote:
The privacy cloth that snaps to the ceiling and walls around the windshield and front windows area? We actually use that quite a bit, when "stealth" camping.
No that one we use all the time. Its an optional one that goes between the seats and the rear cabin.
Haven't had the best luck with Gorilla Glue. Might give Loctite Repair Extreme a try. I've become a big fan of that stuff. Works better than some of the industrials I've purhased over the years to stop motorcycle panel cracks from growing. You can find it at Wal-Hell even (or Home Depot). The old classic, Barge Cement, still works well too (we used to use that stuff in a sprayer way-back when making stomp pads for sailboards -stuff in the tube is the same thing).
Old 01-24-2009, 05:46 PM   #7

The screen isn't worth reparing in my opinion, that thing is worthless.

But, hey back to the lists!
Old 01-24-2009, 09:34 PM   #8

Re: Screen Repair and Joys of Porta Potty [Split from worst 10]

deminimis ,
Try any one of the Goop Products , Plumbers , Marine , Automotive , Household or their original product known as Shoe Goo .
Our R and D department began experimenting with it at my insistence several years ago and to date they or myself have not found a more universal water tight quick curing , flexible adhesive
If you like barge Cement and Plio Bond you will love Goop ! I develop a way to thin it a number of year's ago that an associate Fly Fishing writer and Fisherman now market's for the tying of Fly's . Try it you will like it !
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:30 AM   #9

Send a message via ICQ to jlrray Send a message via AIM to jlrray Send a message via MSN to jlrray Send a message via Yahoo to jlrray

How are you thinning it... Id like to use it to seal up some flies

Joe
jlrray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #10

Joe ,
Take a good glass jar and squeeze the amount of any of the Goop products that you think that you will need and start adding small amount's of Toluene while stirring , keep adding until you reach the desired consistency . I do one complete tube at a time as it has a very long shelf life if kept tightly sealed . Joe I also use this on all of my screw's in the Bay Ranger and the SportsMobile as it deters the harmonic vibration that takes place . P.S. my two favorite's are the Marine Goop and the Plumbers Goop both being very clear with little if any color change to your materials .
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote