Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2018, 04:38 PM   #1

Sportsmobile West

Hey shout out to Sportsmobile West Peter DelToro. This guy was awesome and amazing in the assistance he offered me with outfitting my Sportsmobile. I scheduled an appt to go to Fresno in September for some upgrades. Thank you Peter for loving what you do and wanting to share it with all of us.

Jdkh2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:35 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Peter has always been a great help with our (mostly operator) issues. We visited Fresno in May to replace our frequently bent penthouse bows and install a new stovetop. We added a couple of items, had the van back on time and the complete package cost less than Peter originally estimated before the add-ons. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to do anything about the heat in the Central Valley.

-d-

Life and baseball both sometimes are not fair, but it is how you play the hops that counts.
—Scott Miller, NYT Sports
rionapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:56 PM   #3

Garage
I'll gladly jump on this wagon...I'm on the east Coast and have had numerous conversations with Peter over the past 3 years & each instance he was quick to respond to every question personally, and took the time to explain in detail so i had a good understanding. He's also bailed me out a couple times by mailing some parts (2 were parts they normally do not sell to the public).
Peter is certainly one that I hold in high regard
Old 09-21-2018, 11:55 AM   #4

Same here, Peter is great!
Our phone calls usually start with us frantic and end with us calm and happy.
Thanks Peter!
Kat R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:15 PM   #5

Garage
I agree with you all.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:53 PM   #6

Wondering why Sportsmobile West is no longer shown on the Sportsmobile Website. And when did the one in Nevada come on line?
Umnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:56 PM   #7

West still shows up for me. I don't see a Nevada one though.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:36 PM   #8
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umnak View Post
Wondering why Sportsmobile West is no longer shown on the Sportsmobile Website. And when did the one in Nevada come on line?

The Nevada store has been open for a while and is part of SMBW. I've seen a few posts about their new store which is in the Reno area IIRC. The regular site still looks the same to me.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:24 PM   #9

SMB West just runs the Nevada store as a little place to conduct sales in a state with lower sales tax. (They do charge a shipping fee though.) The vans are still upfitted in Fresno. If you take delivery in Fresno, you pay full CA sales tax, which ain't cheap. If you take delivery in NV, you pay considerably less tax. Regardless of which place you take delivery, you then have to deal with your own state of registration. Here in WA, we have no state income tax, but sales tax is higher than CA. If I take delivery in CA, I pay CA tax. Upon registration in WA, I subtract what CA tax was from what WA tax is and pay the difference between the two to WA.

Too bad SMB-W didn't set up this little sales office in OR, which has no sales tax. Then buyers would pay no sales tax at all at the point of purchase and would only have to deal with the state in which they register the vehicle.

A fair number of people from other states set up a Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) in Montana and register their motorhomes as a business expense in that state. There are lawyers there who will do this for you and even pick up and mail your plates to you, no matter where you actually live. CA has been cracking down on its residents who do this.
TomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:49 PM   #10

This is a screen shot from the Sprortsmobile website's home page. The pull down is from the New Stock page.
Attached Images

Umnak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sportmobile