Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2013, 06:18 AM   #1

Spotted in Baja

Ran into a fellow member and fellow surfer @ K58's yesterday in Baja. Had to wait until he woke up from his nap to ask about his Sportsmobile. Needles to say I was extremely jealous and now highly motivated to finish mine so I can be the person in the picture.

Nice to meet you Chris and thanks for showing me your setup.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2965.JPG  

shadzima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #2

Re: Spotted in Baja

A couple more.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2966.JPG   IMG_2969.JPG  
Old 09-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #3

Off topic a bit but has the drug related violence calmed down there? We live in So Cal and have avoided crossing the border for the last 5 years due to the crazy stories you hear and read about. But I miss the days of surfing down there.
wooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #4

I have noticed tourism is picking up over the last year.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #5

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooly
Off topic a bit but has the drug related violence calmed down there? We live in So Cal and have avoided crossing the border for the last 5 years due to the crazy stories you hear and read about. But I miss the days of surfing down there.
My twin sister just took a teaching position at the American University in Cairo Egypt - I said "aren't you worried about all the violence and conflict there?" She replied, "It is all hyped up by the media, we feel perfectly safe here, and don't even see anything unless we turn on the western news. Besides, you go to Mexico, that is really dangerous."

I told her "That is all just media hype, we go to Baja several times a year by ourselves and have never felt unsafe."

On the other hand, I was in Chicago a few months ago and went for a drive, I was so nervous, I wasn't willing to turn right or left off the main road to get turned around and head back. Los Angeles is way more dangerous than Baja.

Come give it a try: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/vie...p?f=11&t=11582

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:06 PM   #6
Site Team

Garage

Isn't that the truth. I've taken some folks through the South Modesto during the day and they freaked out. They were from the LA area. Now where I took em was a poorer side of town but I have to work there day and night and have had very few problems compared to other areas. Sure, you can get into trouble anywhere you go no matter where it is and some areas are worse than others but usually you just need to know where it's somewhat safe and where it's questionable to be at any one time. One of the worst incidents I had was in a high dollar neighborhood. You should just be prepared as best as you can. Hell I was almost killed in my house by an intruder. Odds are what they are. Sometimes you put a quarter in and win the jackpot.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:20 AM   #7

No 911, AAA or legal right to carry are my only reservations. One day ill cruise down with bajasmb.
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocsmb
No 911, AAA or legal right to carry are my only reservations. One day ill cruise down with bajasmb.
That takes the adventure of it!
Old 09-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #9
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Same here but I have a couple of buddies who have beach homes down there that they stay at during the palatable times of the year. They've never had an issue yet. If I can find a time where the temps stay in the 70's I wouldn't mind going down there with a few others. I'd sure feel better going as a group. Maybe one of these days but there is a lot of the US for me to see as well.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #10

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

Quote:
Only the legal right to carry (You can't carry loaded here legally), the others are covered.

There is a "911" number to dial. There are government paid "Green Angels" on all the major highways and we even see them in out of the way places.

Your Mexican Insurance covers towing and best of all, the Mexican people will always lend a hand, friendly and welcoming as can be.

People stop to help others there, the way it used to be here.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote