Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2010, 12:15 PM   #31
Site Team

Garage
Re: They just broke into my van at Freedom Ford of Fresno

I'm giving the owner a chance to make a move on what he wants to do. I don't expect Freedom Ford to replace what was taken only because I did sign a paper saying they are not responsible for lost or stolen items, and no, I did not get anything in writing to keep the vehicle inside. I only asked and they did say it was not possible to keep it inside all the time. But the break in happened at night when they were closed. It was shear laziness to not take the time to put it in the shop at night. On top of that, the vehicle was there to repair something they failed to repair the first time around. If Freedom would have made the correct repair a few months back, the van wouldn't even have been there in the first place. I understand their point about missing items; I bring in my car for an oil change and an I-pod suddenly is missing. But when a break in happens and fixed items are being physically removed, I feel that’s a different story. The poor publicity alone would be enough for me as an owner to carry insurance to cover such happenings. SMB themselves might sever business with them. At least Freedom Ford should meet somewhere with the customer by covering their deductible and supplying a rental until repairs are made. IMO they should eat the window as well. It is weird that they haven’t had a theft within the last 5 years and they only targeted my van when other larger RV’s were there as well as another SMB. Watch my insurance rates go through the roof

BTW I’ve had problems with other dealerships like Country Ford in Ceres, and Patchetts Ford in Keyes who supplied poor service but both places did supply both good service at times. Hopefully I will get some action from this dealership.

My hat is off for the support I’m getting from SMB and Jay Mento of Towne Ford who is working with me on this issue. Good Lord, I didn’t even take my vehicle to Towne Ford. Where I take my vehicle might change in the future if Freedom doesn't live up to my expectations.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:53 AM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
I'm almost more enraged at the fact that I asked them to please park it inside so nobody would try to steal the lighting and solar. Dummies didn't activate the alarm.
Possible inside job?

Once I exit Hal, this is what I do.
https://larry.wvnet.edu/~van/pics/lic...late-small.jpg
WWW.WVBIKE.ORG
WVvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:59 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVvan
Quote:
I'm almost more enraged at the fact that I asked them to please park it inside so nobody would try to steal the lighting and solar. Dummies didn't activate the alarm.
Possible inside job?
was thinking the same.....
Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #34

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roonie
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVvan
Quote:
Possible inside job?

clearly a lawsuit you will win.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #35

Send a message via AIM to surfgeek33

My Wife and I were going to take a look at a passenger van they have for sale, silver RB E350, this weekend. Doesn't look like its going to happen if this is how they treat fellow SMB'rs and customers.

P.S. Sorry about what happened to you Dave....Hopefully Freedom Ford will make it right for you.
Ray

"I do, cellularSTEVE" :o)
surfgeek33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfgeek33
My Wife and I were going to take a look at a passenger van they have for sale, silver RB E350, this weekend. Doesn't look like its going to happen if this is how they treat fellow SMB'rs and customers.
Ray,

Tell them you and your wife can't make it up there during normal business hours, so would they mind leaving it outside overnight for you to come by and take a look at it.

Herb
Old 07-29-2010, 02:44 PM   #37
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfgeek33
My Wife and I were going to take a look at a passenger van they have for sale, silver RB E350, this weekend.
I wouldn't let it stop you from looking. I saw one that was silver with a dark colored PH top...is that the one? It was parked up front where it can be seen.

As far as an inside job, I really can't go there without some proof.

Attorney advice is small claims court. I'm still waiting for the owner to make a move and hope he will pay my deductable. That seems reasonable to me along with a reantal car.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #38

Garage

I believe in CA (or maybe just my county?) small claims court is for claims up to a max of $5k only. look into that.

And, to me, the appropriate move for the dealership is to use their insurance and do the responsible thing. People need to be responsible for their own actions. You should have no deductible or even a claim to your insurer.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #39
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
I believe in CA (or maybe just my county?) small claims court is for claims up to a max of $5k only. look into that.

And, to me, the appropriate move for the dealership is to use their insurance and do the responsible thing. People need to be responsible for their own actions. You should have no deductible or even a claim to your insurer.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #40

Send a message via MSN to bettyford

Wow Dave sorry to here about this mess.

Ron