Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to stiggs Send a message via AIM to stiggs
Thieves suck!

I did not lock my drivers side door last night and work up to find it ajar at 4:40 am when I was moving out in front of the driveway for my wife to get out. Low and behold my van had been sacked! Some douche bag crack head came through our neighborhood last night and looted every car that was unlocked. Looked like a quick grab what ever is available: mag light, mini mag, skateboard and a bag with some CT-90 parts were stolen along with my owners manual and breakdown kit. Found the skateboard and jumper cables, fix a flat and one flare down the street. Guess they liked the other flares and the bag they came in. Also found most of my CT-90 bits sans a light bulb and spark plug.

Kinda pissed about the owners manual

Old 09-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
Site Team

Re: Thieves suck!

Sorry to hear this. I know how bad it sucks. We had our home burglarized several years ago. Turned out to be a friend of our son who had been a guest in our home many times.

Guess you'd better come to the Valley of Fire Meet and Greet to shake it off.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #3

It only has to happen once.

My van was left open before and someone came by and took sunglasses and one of those cheap LED flashlights from Harbor freight.
LeadDoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #4

Send a message via ICQ to stiggs Send a message via AIM to stiggs

yea Mac I know probably some good trails for the CT-90 out there too
Old 09-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
Site Team

Garage

I'd love to catch them SOB's. I've been hit a few times and it really pisses me off. At least they didn't bust out your window. Anymore, I try to keep the windows covered but I'm not sure that's a good policy. If they can't see in, their drug polluted mind says "must be something good in there". Sorry to hear you were broke into. Those people have no honor.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:06 PM   #6

Thieves suck!

After my F150 was broken into and nothing was taken because there was nothing to take, I figured to just leave it unlocked and avoid the hassle of the insurance company and the body shop.

That worked for about 8 years until they stole the truck. Never thought somebody would steal a faded, worn 18 year old truck. Guess I was wrong.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
Site Team

Garage

Shoot, they're taking the copper wire out of vehicles now.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #8

In Portland, OR they are cutting the CAT out of the exhaust system and punching holes in the gas tank to syphon diesel. I decided to save them the trouble and cut mine off this weekend. Maybe I should just tape $50 note to the side in hopes they will move along. I still like the idea of posting "This van is owned by an armed American, there is absolutely nothing here loosing your life over." However the econazi's in the Willamette Valley will just torch the van. So we put a "Biodiesel" sticker on the Aluminess bumper instead.
Ketcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketcham
In Portland, OR they are cutting the CAT out of the exhaust system and punching holes in the gas tank to syphon diesel. I decided to save them the trouble and cut mine off this weekend. Maybe I should just tape $50 note to the side in hopes they will move along. I still like the idea of posting "This van is owned by an armed American, there is absolutely nothing here loosing your life over." However the econazi's in the Willamette Valley will just torch the van. So we put a "Biodiesel" sticker on the Aluminess bumper instead.
Well I guess that makes sense to somebody; to who I don't know. Torching a 10,000lb vehicle is obviously much better for the environment than driving it maybe 10,000 miles a year. They're probably all drinking $6 coffees at Starbucks and using their iPads with the latest wireless technology to plan their next anti-technology demonstration. Kind of reminds me of all the people who've never had jobs doing their little I Hate Wall Street demonstration in N.Y.

Herb
Old 09-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #10

It is amazing how much work some people will go to just to make a dis-honest buck.

In Oroville, they were cutting copper tubing from installed (exterior) AC units. $2 worth of tubing and $1000 worth of damage.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote