Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2018, 10:47 AM   #1
Site Team

Time to cash out my 401K?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392122524129

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymou...D/392122492181

I remember seeing a few of these on the road back in the day.

Herb

Old 09-20-2018, 10:49 AM   #2

Superbird!

Saw one of the green ones in person. Muscle CAR!!
Old 09-20-2018, 11:04 AM   #3

Looks like they leveled off/came down in price finally. I come from a family of Mopar fanatics, so most years we'd go to a few Mopar only shows, of course every model from the '60's and early '70's was represented, the B5 blue Superbird was always my favorite. About 20 years ago I came across a 'bird that was clearly being lived in, parked in a field behind a Burger King (I spotted the wing over the top of some bushes.) I'm guessing someone told Joe Dirt "it's me, or that car..." and the rest was history. That could be you!
TheLetterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:32 PM   #4

interesting. I don't know jack about old Mopars but it's been 20 years since I saw a pair of TS-X9's on somebody's rear deck.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:37 AM   #5
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
IIRC Chrysler grudgingly sold those through dealers because NASCAR rules say anything run on their tracks at the time had to sell at least 500 to make it a "stock" car. Of course these were created for Richard Petty, thought they'd dominate the series when introduced. Sadly they didn't..........

Saw one or two on local streets, looked very out-of-place and oddly fascinating. Very cool today though!

There seems to be serious bidding on one of them--wonder what it would take for the seller to end the auction on both of them together?
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:09 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
... because NASCAR rules say anything run on their tracks at the time had to sell at least 500 to make it a "stock" car.

ive heard this too. so where do I find me a rwd camry?

those cars are beautiful. saw a show the other day where someone had one of each color that they were selling. was a damn nice collection.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:56 AM   #7

The blue one has a 440, cool car, but... What your REALLY want to find is the 426 Hemi option car!

I've seen several in person, one at the Bonneville Salt Flats a couple years ago. I think they are 'cooler as the other side of the pillow'
Old 09-22-2018, 06:39 AM   #8
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
ive heard this too. so where do I find me a rwd camry?
Ahhh yes---there is a special dealer option with 4 speed manual transmission, 358 CID 700HP overhead valve motor, interior delete etc etc---we mere mortals cannot get those of course!

I've also heard one reason Toyota entered NASCAR was to develop and make known their OHV engines intended for pick ups sold in the US were something to take notice of---I'd say they hit their mark with that engine design?
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote