Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2016, 09:55 AM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
Well that's a whole other argument, one that's already been beaten to death around these parts (insert beating a dead cow emoji). Maybe Steve_382 can clarify....
Ha REF!
okay...

Re: Bend
I saw that sticker too. They have something like 20 Micro Breweries in that town, and though we are not beer drinkers we head to Bend a few times a year. My cousin owns the two local Original Pancake House Restaurants there. GREAT Breakfast stop. Baltazar's for Amazing Mexican Seafood Burritos, and my wife says the BEST Margarita ANYWHERE. And.... Pilot Burger near Pilot Butte.....er, did I say I was a little food centric? Camping on the Cascade loop is amazing. Over a dozen lakes in the loop behind Mt. Bachelor, fishing and Kayaking and hiking at just about all of them. You can even kayak the Deschutes River from the park Down Town in the mill district. Ya gotta go!

2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
skyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:33 AM   #12

Cool

Two snippets from the posts so far that ring true for me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_382 View Post
...Bob Cox, a Marine Corps helicopter pilot from Bellingham, Wash., on his “Big Easy” Sportsmobile, as told to A.J. Baime.
My favorite thing about our Big Easy van is that my wife, Lindsay, loves it. Which means I get to play, all the time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_382 View Post
..Excerpt:
Alan Feld, chief executive of Sportsmobile in Fresno, Calif...
I remember a time when you wouldn’t even let your daughter near a van,” Mr. Feld said. “It’s good to see that has changed.”

( : I have two women in my life. My wife of the past 34 years (LUVS the van and is her DD) and our 30 year old daughter (USAF trained) gas/diesel mechanic and custom car tech-girl who says the van is "Sick" < < < pretty sure in today's vernacular that means nice : )

Also the benefit for me is I can research and find mods for the van, put the idea up for discussion and, ca-ching... new van bling. Always let your wife drive the van. Always. You're sure to get your bling on.

Thom
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:57 PM   #13
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Saw the article too, all my wife co-workers were bringing it to her and asking if we know them? And Accrete, it is 'sic' and it is exactly the definition! I'm a teacher and kids like me enough to let me in on all the new sayings and hip language! I use all the old stuffs to make them roll their eyes! Dig that!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 04:28 PM   #14

Man, you guys must be hella old. The phrase "that's sick" has been around for 30 or more years.

etymology - How and why have some words changed to a complete opposite? - English Language & Usage Stack Exchange
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:38 PM   #15

thx for the clarifications...
and um... I'm a "Sputnik Baby"
It will come to you ; )
Thom
Old 04-29-2016, 06:15 AM   #16

For some reason I feel compelled to contribute to this thread though I really have nothing to add. It's got vans, travel, happy wives, girls in vans, breweries, etymology, gas vs. diesel arguments, Bend Oregon (where I must spend more time in my life), the list goes on. Anyway........thanks!
86Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:20 AM   #17
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
thx for the clarifications...
and um... I'm a "Sputnik Baby"
It will come to you ; )
Thom
Me too---good lord the terror that spector caused here in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
For some reason I feel compelled to contribute to this thread though I really have nothing to add. It's got vans, travel, happy wives, girls in vans, breweries, etymology, gas vs. diesel arguments, Bend Oregon (where I must spend more time in my life), the list goes on. Anyway........thanks!
Girls in vans will ALWAYS be of interest no matter a man's age!

if there's an upside to getting on in years its having great memories to share with appreciative ears.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:16 AM   #18

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Me too---good lord the terror that spector caused here in the USA.
: ) My dad was a magazine editor at the time (1957) and had full access to the printing plate creation room... I still have the original lead plate he created for my birth announcement that had an image of He, my mom, and older sister looking up in the heavens with my little day old face in the round orb of Sputnik. To funny. And yes, he was all American...he was simply fascinated by all things flight, space and sci-fi.

Thom
Old 04-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #19
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
Man, you guys must be hella old. The phrase "that's sick" has been around for 30 or more years.

etymology - How and why have some words changed to a complete opposite? - English Language & Usage Stack Exchange
Yes old and in the midwest...we don't get any of the cool sayings, music, or fashion till years later!!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 05:00 AM   #20
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctb View Post
Yes old and in the midwest...we don't get any of the cool sayings, music, or fashion till years later!!
And yet very few or any of us feel that's a bad thing!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote