Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2018, 02:58 AM   #11
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Drive your old one to Seattle/Portland. It will sell in a day (reasonably priced of course).

Congrats on the new van.

Really, you think so? Maybe I should put in on Craigslist in Seattle as well. Thanks for the info!

VocalVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:48 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by VocalVirgo View Post
That’s cute, but it everything I stated did indeed happen. There are a few videos and pictures online, and in a few threads on this forum. And there will be plenty more to come.

I imagine he meant photos of the NEW van. Common request when somebody posts about a new ride! :-)
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:33 AM   #13

Garage
^^^ precisely!

I’ve been following your threads. Pretty sure I commented in all of them too. I know the pix will follow regarding shoddy work eventually, but for now show off the new ride! Forums ALWAYS want pix, especially this one
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:25 PM   #14
Gone Traveling

Today, SMBW ‘s lawyer contacted my lawyer… And wants to jump on the chance for written apologies in exchange for me not pursuing restitution and not posting any of the videos online. They went from completely nonresponsive for weeks, to jumping on the chance to not have their reputation tarnished any further. God, they are really are snakes.

I hope that my posts, and comments will help at least one person to think twice before using them, or at least will inform someone so that they know what they’re getting into, before purchasing anything from SMBW.

With that said, I, myself, would probably have another van done at the Texas location. They have been so friendly, accommodating, and seem to have the least amount of issues, but followed up with the best customer service.

Secretly, I really really want to post these videos and audio files online, only because it would be so so funny. And so many people would see what these people are really like. But mostly, at this point, it would be the right thing to do for the sake of any possible prospective new customer. #TrueStory
Old 10-18-2018, 09:26 AM   #15
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
^^^ precisely!

I’ve been following your threads. Pretty sure I commented in all of them too. I know the pix will follow regarding shoddy work eventually, but for now show off the new ride! Forums ALWAYS want pix, especially this one
Oh my god, @shenrie, I am SO sorry. I completely misunderstood you and I guess because I’ve been trolled a bit while sharing all this, I assumed you were talking about the SMB van. It didn’t even occur to me that you could be talking about the new van. Again, I’m so sorry. I suck. Seawood all of this has turned me into, LOL!

The only picture I have is one kind of in the dark in the ram parking lot the night we bought it. But, I will take a good photo, even though it’s just sort of a standard van, with a note on it saying hello to you, LOL. I hope that will make up for the misunderstanding. Again, please accept my apology.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:39 AM   #16
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post

pix or it didn't happen.
Sorry again for my stupidity and not-so-friendly original response.
Here’s your picture!! *Please note the AWESOME 1983 (I think?) Suburban next to my new van. My van is just your satandard 2018, 159”, Tall Roof, with a few extras... but that Suburban is #KillingIt! It has 4WD (low/high, locking differential) a 454, and 4-on-the-floor. 1st gear is only meant for towing or snowplowing. It belongs to my neighbor, and it being in the picture sure does make my new van look insignificant, lol. But, nevertheless, here’s a quick picture. And of course I’ll take pictures during every stage of the buildout and share :-).
Attached Thumbnails
0ADAB7E9-614F-42E1-83CA-75FFF4462A1B.jpg