Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2015, 04:53 PM   #121

Garage
Re: What do you do for work/living?

I hadn't seen your trip report Dave, really ineresting. Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:29 PM   #122

I just saw your blog as well. You have a great job.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:00 PM   #123

Well I'm only 29 but I have been and done a lot of things. I live in CA now but grew up in Iowa. I was a groundskeeper, an event coordinator, a UPS delivery boy, sold boats and water sport stuff for a while, but mainly was a construction worker building custom homes. I've done pretty much everything from digging basements and pouring footings to building custom cabinets and milling custom trim. I really enjoyed working on historic homes.

For the past 4 years I have been a Project Manager for a kitchen equipment contractor. We design and build out the Food Service portion of relative construction projects. From restaurants, schools, and hotels, to huge chow halls, and hospitals, if theres a large number of people being served food, we can build what it takes to do so. I have four 2 man crews to install and another 2 guys that strictly do refrigeration work. We do millwork, custom stainless steel, duct work, and some architectural metal from time to time. Lots of stuff. Its very involved and very detail oriented. Also a lot of stress but I enjoy the stress...to an extent.

I am starting to look for another job as I am young and am learning the company I work for is not set up to support me for the long haul. I enjoy what I do, but want more support from my company. I feel emotionally vested in my company, with not much in return (I'm not talking 100% $$$$ either). Its a long story, but I need to jump ship if I find something thats the right fit.

So if you are looking for an ambitious, smart, dedicated and energetic worker with varying experiences especially in construction, good with managing people, and has negotiated contracts up to $3M, let me know. I'm not afraid to move for the right company and job. I honestly feel like I am capable of doing pretty much any task given to me, and not afraid to tackle something totally new.
- Nick S. in Oceanside....1998 Ford Club Wagon Chateau HD, 7.3L PSD, 4" Turbo back exhaust. Still a 2wd van with 3.55 floating rear diff. Sitting with a 4" Weldtec Designs bent I-beam lift with Agile Offroad tuned Fox shocks. Still have baby tires (245s) but loving the van more and more each day.
nicksandvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:08 PM   #124

I'm a retired Police Detective from a very large department in the North East. I spent 3/4 of my career in the Fugitive Enforcement Division AKA Warrant Squad.

Now, I wear many hats:

As a Search & Rescue Technician, I've been deployed to many places including New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina (yes, I took my SMB down there!) and worked during both World Trade Center attacks, as well as many other high profile events.

I'm a semi pro photographer (I make money on my photos but don't rely on it for steady income) and volunteer a lot of my time in leadership positions of my local Fire Department, Technical Rescue Team, and Search & Rescue Team.

I also work part time with several companies teaching various rescue skills internationally (rope rescue, water rescue, ice rescue, land navigation, fire-egress, etc) to Police, Fire, EMS, Military and certain private sector entities, as well as product design / torture testing for a fire-rescue manufacturer.
aluminum radiator, X-Monitor with pyro, trans temp, boost
+ Scan Gauge & SCT Live Wire (Economy)
JoeyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:41 PM   #125

^id take ur class if you'd make it out west
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 02:34 PM   #126

Another part of my weekly work load....

http://youtu.be/eZkvHkBGpUQ

2006 EB 350 QuadVan V-10 (Working on Build out now)
2006 Quigley V-10 (Sold)
https://www.BrentHaywoodPhotography.com
https://www.facebook.com/haywoodphoto (Almost Daily Updates)
haywoodphotomaccom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #127

Gosh Brent, Where do you find the willpower to get out of bed every day and make it to work? Nice............
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 04:16 PM   #128

This is riveting, I don't know why since I don't know anyone here. I guess we all have a common interest in a van, crazy!

In order of importance, dad to two 5 year old boys, husband, 20 year volunteer firefighter, small business owner property managment, plumbing and mechanical. We live in an really busy resort town in Colorado its a great place to make a living and I can have my van in 4 low headed into the mountains 5 minutes from my house, or a few more hours to the desert.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 04:18 PM   #129

It's a difficult part of my job Artic!!

2006 EB 350 QuadVan V-10 (Working on Build out now)
2006 Quigley V-10 (Sold)
https://www.BrentHaywoodPhotography.com
https://www.facebook.com/haywoodphoto (Almost Daily Updates)
haywoodphotomaccom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:01 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocsmb
^id take ur class if you'd make it out west
You just missed me! I did some work in San Diego and just outside Los Angeles in January 2015.
Next time...
aluminum radiator, X-Monitor with pyro, trans temp, boost
+ Scan Gauge & SCT Live Wire (Economy)
JoeyNick is offline   Reply With Quote