Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2014, 04:58 AM   #71

Re: What was a mistake or waste of $$$ on your van?

I understand the texture effecting the color.
I have seen many "color matched" truck beds.
Some good, some pretty bad.
I would consider the color match on the top pretty bad, regardless of the texture.
I find the mismatched color and the bedliner make it look "homemade"
The tops on the ford vans look way better IMHO and match the lines of the van for a more integrated "factory" look. The sprinter top is more noticeable in general, as it looks like a box sitting on the top of the van.
Since the top stands out more on a sprinter, the poor color match is more noticeable.
The only sprinter penthouse in my area that I saw before ordering is a silver one with a smooth painted to match top, and that is what was shown and described on the SMB website, so that is what I expected it to be. I would have preferred the smooth real paint that is the same color.

Onefin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:55 AM   #72

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

It wouldn't be a big deal to get it painted now to match - right over the liner. We've done that and it looked good.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:51 PM   #73

May look into getting matching paint over the liner, but it is pretty annoying to have to spend additional money to get this done. I paid SMB to match the paint on the van at a cost of $700.
Top was installed in July of this year.
Onefin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:21 PM   #74
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywoodphotomaccom
At this point the Deaver Springs I had installed last Friday for $1800.00. Don't feel a difference in the ride which is what I bought them for....
Had my 4x4 done at Quadvan, and I specifically asked Jon Deavers or Bags…he said bags b/c of the versatility….great advice, two air switches on dash (per side), which I can also use to inflate tires. That dude is so smart…he also gave me an extra shocks on the front to help handle the load. He also gave me the motor home shocks in the rear. AND I haven't found anything I thought I wasted money on…I thinkI should have wired it for speakers in the back. We have a flush toilet that we haven't used in our trips….we love the possibility if needed(though we know once used….well you know, it is a great place to sit and take a shower, and re-sale) Power top raised and lowered even with a canoe on it, oh…I know, back-up camera on van….have Aluminess bumper and the box blocks the camera…have the air b/c Death Valley has been the hottest sweat filled almost sleep ever…micro…well easymac on the road is kick a@#! I just love our Sporty….and love is never having to say...
Attached Thumbnails
GEDC1037.JPG  
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 01:14 AM   #75

I bought into the hype of the Ultra-Gauge, plus it was half the price of the ScanGauge. It mostly works, the programming is clever, but is not completely compatible with the Ford diesels. Nicer looking than the ScanGauge, too.

It doesn't seem like it's being developed any more, though it's still for sale judging by the website. If I get a ScanGauge, I might move the Ultra-Gauge to another car or sell it, though I don't expect a lot of buyers lining up for it.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:36 PM   #76

Thumbs up

I did a quick search for "Awning" and found a handful of peeps mentioning their awning not being used often or questions of quality. . .
My two bits from 5 years of Fiamma F45 ownership on our van...

1) Ours has always worked without fail when used properly. We had one time when I raised the outer edge up over my head while bringing it back in and the clam-shell was still a bit open...so we rolled it back out and just let it go back in on it's own angle and all closed up nicely.

2) We use it nearly every trip.
That said we will be putting up a larger tarp draped just over the curb-side top edge of fiberglass roof and utilizing some Kelty Tarp poles on the camp side of tarp. We just want more room if set up for our typical 5 nights out.

YMMV,
Thom
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:17 PM   #77

What are our experiences with the PH top as opposed ho high roof that would sway you away from the top conversion to the highroof instead?
thanks
buggymancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:16 AM   #78
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggymancan View Post
What are our experiences with the PH top as opposed ho high roof that would sway you away from the top conversion to the highroof instead?
thanks
Try this post:
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...oof-10481.html

Lots of mixed opinions on the matter.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:37 PM   #79

Purchase mistake

Wanted to get an air locker on the Tardis. After I bought the locker, a Yukon Zip, and talked to an installer I found out that it would not fit my semi float axel. Only works on a full float. As far as I can tell ARB has the same limitations. Now I need to decide if I want to keep the air locker and buy a full float axel or sell the locker.

Lesson learned - do more research before purchasing products.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:48 PM   #80

Microwave Boooo

So far in seven year, i have used the microwave 3 times and when not on shore power it puled the LifeLine batter down way to much. I now use it as another storage compartment, stove top popcorn is funner over the fire anyways. It will be replaced with some kind of storage drawer.
HK33FAN is offline   Reply With Quote