Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2018, 09:06 AM   #21

Big Bad Boy Whitey Jay Jasper (aka Whitey)

We live in Seattle and found the van for sale in Ak. My brother picked it up as he lived in Anchorage at the time. It sat at his house for a few months until we could arrange the trip.
His then 3 year old had decided the name for the big white van parked in his driveway was Whitey.
When we arrived in Ak and talk of Whitey was the topic of most conversations, my then 6 year old had tacked on Jay as Whitey Jay is some character he knew.
So it stayed at that for a week or so.
Upon pulling into the campground in Jasper, Ab the lady asked if we would be staying in a tent. And since we were no longer relegated to sleeping in merely a tent, with a proud and probably somewhat smug reply I said, ‘Nope, we’re staying in this big bad boy!”
After our planned one night stay in Jasper we started down the Icefields Parkway and stopped several times at roadside pullouts to take in all the scenery. One stop was on the edge of a cliff and and it had several large boulders around it to hopefully keep cars from driving over the edge. My boy was running around having fun and tripped and basically torpedoed head first into one of those large rocks. I’ll never forget the look he gave me in the split second of shock before the reality of it set in and he started balling.
This was not his typical owie. It looked pretty bad. So back to Jasper we went. To the ER for stitches.
We ended up staying the night there again,wandering around town, taking it easy and deciding we really like the place and vowed to go back with more time.
And we even liked it enough to ( partially ) name our van after it!

BUFFALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:13 AM   #22

Garage
Hearing "Delta Flyer" reminded me of a name I almost went with. "Eagle 5" from Spaceballs.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:51 PM   #23

Garage
My screen name is van diesel as my last rig came named by the previous owners kids. My new one has no name yet but wife calls it faster and more furious. Last owner called it big black van. Apparently is has its own instagram account. I won’t be posting on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2018, 09:02 PM   #24
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandiesel View Post
My screen name is van diesel as my last rig came named by the previous owners kids. My new one has no name yet but wife calls it faster and more furious. Last owner called it big black van. Apparently is has its own instagram account. I won’t be posting on that.

I like your wife's name...unlike the rescue dog from the shelter...you won't confuse it when you start calling it your own/ "new" name..LOL!! FMF for short? You can let other folks decide it's meaning like...fast mother...what 'f' word would go there...hmmm...

anyway...these stories are fantastic...I have laughed out loud several times...and scotty...do you write for SNL? You are a too funny!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:33 AM   #25

The Green TARDIS
LenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:12 AM   #26

GAATMHQ

Ginger Army All Terrain Mobile Headquarters

My twin sons and I all have read hair, we were affectionately named the Ginger Army by a good friend.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:55 PM   #27

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
GAATMHQ

Ginger Army All Terrain Mobile Headquarters

My twin sons and I all have read hair, we were affectionately named the Ginger Army by a good friend.
laughed out loud - I like it!
Old 06-10-2018, 10:51 AM   #28

"Bad, Bad Leroy Brown" by Jim Croce. My first real job besides changing irrigation pipe was at a drug store that sold records and the customers would play this song over and over it is stuck in my head. Leroy means “King”. Leroy seems to be a narcissist when if comes to liking attention and demanding the world to revolve around him when he wants more.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:02 PM   #29

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandiesel View Post
Big Black Van thats fast, furious, and sucks up money... what about "TransylVANia"
Old 06-11-2018, 06:11 PM   #30

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Big Black Van thats fast, furious, and sucks up money... what about "TransylVANia"

That’s a good one!

Tags
what's your van's name?