Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2018, 10:03 PM   #31

Flint.

When your wife is a Geologist and a rock hound and when you have a sign like this on the back of your van, you know it has to be named after a rock! Knowing the rules, I came up with the name which Laura readily adopted.

All in all, the arrangement works remarkably well. As long as Flint takes Laura where the rocks are I get to equip him as I see fit, no questions asked! Laura doesn't (hardly) even ask how much something costs, a good arrangement in any marriage with a SMB involved!

Old 06-14-2018, 11:09 AM   #32
Dia

Her name is Lola, but her title is The Petroleum Falcon.

Why Lola? Well, back when I was searching, we found her online. Our finances were a little shaky, so we found her, someone from here took a look at her for us, we backed off for money reasons, then jumped back in.

"Lola" comes from my behind the scenes comment, looking at the screen when someone asked if we weren't going to buy her, did we mind if he did. We gave the go-ahead, of course, but sitting here in my chair, I said "Don't touch Lola!" which is a line from Agents of Shield.

As for The Petroleum Falcon, well, she may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts and she'll make .5 past light speed.

Old 06-14-2018, 05:26 PM   #33

Garage
And what about the Kessel Run?
Old 06-15-2018, 01:45 PM   #34

Garage
...some great stories here!

ours has been coined a few names over the years. the first being the watch tower. that stemmed from adults in our group wanting to partake in activities they didn't necessarily want their significant other/kids being a part of (drinking/smoking when they shouldn't be etc). they would wander to our van and step inside and have a 360 degree view of all the camp sites and could easily see where the people they were hiding from were. i guess that makes us enablers huh??

another was the wall. this came about camping up at the local lake where there was no cover for the ladies to tinkle. they would all get up from the fire at once and wander behind the van to piddle. what they didn't know was that when they dropped trow, they would all dip their butts down below the bottom of the van giving all us guys sitting around the fire a great view of their backsides. this went on all weekend until one of the ladies didn't follow the group and stayed at the fire with us. she looked over at me and said. so basically weve been showing all you guys our asses all weekend and you didn't bother telling us? i reluctantly smiled, shook my head yes, but mouthed no. needless to say, i got smacked and she let the cat outta the bag to the rest of the ladies. i still catch hell for that from time to time. was totally worth it

other names like big pig, money pit, and party barge are all names we hear still, but no one name has been coined.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:51 AM   #35

Carmen Van Diego

I flew to San Diego to buy the van, and back when my wife and I were kids there was a kid's show called Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego. The show/game revolved around traveling the world to find Carmen. While our van is no world traveler, we do use it for all of our travel so the name seemed to fit. I usually just call her Van Diego for short.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2018, 03:10 PM   #36
brp

Click image for larger version

Name:	814569D3-C07E-4BA3-B508-72C63B5F33D4.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	21047

Click image for larger version

Name:	907CCAA4-6366-4600-8B89-DD81E1A750B1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	21048

Ours was going to have the vanity plate BZYLIVN, as in, “Busy Living.” In Shawshank Redemption, Red says, “get busy living, or get busy dying.” It kind of became our carpe diem equivalent.

When we got the bus and painted it blue, our 3 year started calling it the Big Blue Bus, and that seems to be the name that will stick.

Great thread topic.
brp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:54 AM   #37

My van is a fire department red color so I started looking through Irish name lists. I found “Clancy”. Clancy is also the name of an Australian character in a poem by Banjo Patterson and in the movie the “Man from Snowy River” ... one of my all time favorite movies! Seemed to be a perfect match!
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:17 PM   #38

Our granddaughter loves to name our vehicles, this one she dubbed Vincent. She likes to add, Van Gogh.
Attached Thumbnails
20180623_111850.jpg  
LindaDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:28 AM   #39
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaDV View Post
Our granddaughter loves to name our vehicles, this one she dubbed Vincent. She likes to add, Van Gogh.
I like it!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:28 PM   #40

Surprised nobody calls their van Matt or Foley. I just checked and that plate is taken for the CA vintage plate.

https://youtu.be/Xv2VIEY9-A8

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Tags
what's your van's name?