Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
Site Team

'06 Sprinter SMB

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... dard=false

Not mine, don't know the owner or seller.

Herb

Old 02-14-2009, 11:04 PM   #2

Re: '06 Sprinter SMB

For what it is worth, I looked at it today and took it for a lengthy test drive. I don't have extensive experience with the Sprinter, but it looked and drove quite nicely. Essentially a new vehicle. Apparently the original owner was a photographer, but traded it for a new volvo that could be shipped back to her home country (at least according to the dealer currently selling the car). I would need to re-work the layout extensively, so it doesn't work for me, but for the right person, I expect they could make a very sweet deal on this vehicle.
JamesB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:36 PM   #3

It looks like this is still available, and I am in shopping mode. What can you say about the interior and systems, as there are no pictures or information on the autotrader listing? What didn't you like about the layout?
Thanks!
Sangjun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB
For what it is worth, I looked at it today and took it for a lengthy test drive. I don't have extensive experience with the Sprinter, but it looked and drove quite nicely. Essentially a new vehicle. Apparently the original owner was a photographer, but traded it for a new volvo that could be shipped back to her home country (at least according to the dealer currently selling the car). I would need to re-work the layout extensively, so it doesn't work for me, but for the right person, I expect they could make a very sweet deal on this vehicle.
oban2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:10 AM   #4

Hey guys, I'm new here, but I got pointed to this think by a friend who thought this was the van that I bought. Come to find out it is. It was purchased in March from a dealer in Denver. The layout wasn't ideal, and there was definatly some changes that needed to be made. The deal was WAY WAY WAY WAY too sweet to pass up, so I went ahead and got it, and had some mods done, here are the after pics. Let me know what you think! Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Sprinter Ext.jpg   Front.jpg   Driver Side.jpg  
kripper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #5

More Pics
Attached Thumbnails
Inside.jpg   Ext2.jpg   Dash.jpg  
Old 06-26-2009, 10:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kripper10
More Pics

I saw your van at the 12 Hours of Mesa Verde. I talked to your wife, I believe. Look forard to having my SMB out there next year. Also saw you cruising through Durango.

Great looking SMB, I really like the lights.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:20 AM   #7

Nice looking van! I saw it come on the market several months after I started down the path of my DIY build. Glad it was bought by an appreciator, and welcome to the group.

The A/C unit does not look like a standard Sprinter unit. Is is from SMB, or what?
Old 06-29-2009, 10:04 AM   #8

It is from sportsmobile. I thought they usually put a lower profile one on, so I was a little bummed how gawdy if was, but the rack takes it out of the pic pretty well. Yeah, the deal was way to sweet to pass up, I totally stummbled into this one! Thanks for looking!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #9
Site Team

Looks like you could use your SMB as a meat locker with that reefer up there. Looks like a sweet ride though.

I know the feeling of a deal too good to pass up. Bought mine the same way.

Herb