Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2019, 07:24 PM   #41
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMRIDER View Post
...Like you said sometimes you have a great experience and sometimes you don’t. Between my close van friends each of has had a bad experience with one vendor while another has had a great experience with the same one.
Bingo. I can't imagine any vendor out there, if they've done any significant amount of business, who doesn't have at least a few installs that have not gone to plan, or customers whose expectations have not been met.

Herb

Old 01-08-2019, 10:42 PM   #42

I could have written that a little better. An example say three of us on this forum all used the same three different vendors. Two of us could have had a great experience with one vendor while the other one of us not great to an even terrible experience. Where I had multiple great experiences with a vendor another member had multiple not so good experiences.

The one place none of my close friends have a bad experience with is Agile. Not saying they also don’t have a few customers that weren’t happy...I don’t know. John is a good businessman and the shop guys know their stuff. I have a lot of respect for those guys.

Over the years of owning and modifying two vans I highly recommend doing your homework first! Get a detailed contract of expectations, don’t pay all up front and try not to be the first customer to try something new. It also helps if the vendor is reasonably close by your residence for warranty work or future upgrades. Research each vendor carefully and expect there to be some issues that need to be resolved at some point. Some vendors seem to do certain things well and other things just ok. You may need to go to multiple vendors to get top notch work.
Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:52 PM   #43
KDB

Ok, making progess. Here are a few pics of the vehicle as it stands today. There are a few interior shots showing the upper shelf cut out I had Agile do to make the beginnings of the bed platform. That shelf sits about waist high.
On that shelf currently you will see the Darche 270 awning still boxed up. It will be getting mounted to the top side of the passenger. Separate from the pop top of course.

The Tiger bumper came out beautifully. Paired really well with the van. Agile did a great job on the install and mods it took to get it to fit. It does pain me not to see the Aluminess roof rack i had my heart set on but i know a poptop will be more useful for both the lass and I.

House battery is in and the 12v outlet block with usb's will be placed towards the rear of the van. Another small block up by the bed. The rear block will be primarly for the fridge which will live parallel the rear door (that holds the tire). When the primary rear door (with the box) is opened to your immediate left will be the digital readout of the ARB fridge. Kodiak battery in the shelf area in front of the tire (that shelf is also is accessible to the outside) will be connected to the house battery allowing it to also be charged by solar. The house will be hooked up to the starting batteries as well separated by an isolator.

Should hopefully be picking up the van here in the next week or two then its going direct to CCV for the poptop. It should be a fun drive getting to not only be behind the wheel for a while but probably even test of the conversion in the snow.

As for the top, it will be getting the Promaster style mid height top which they use on a few different types of rigs. CCV thinks that will be the best option for the body style.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-4437.jpg   IMG-4433.jpg   IMG-4431.jpg   IMG-4434.jpg   IMG-4432.jpg  

IMG-4424.jpg   IMG-4425.jpg   IMG-4426.jpg   IMG-4428.jpg   IMG-4429.jpg  

KDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:15 PM   #44
MSD

Garage
I’m pretty excited to be involved with this build! Can’t wait for it to get here!!! Different & unique vans that get people to say Wow! Or I want one makes it that much more enjoyable
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:37 AM   #45
KDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
I’m pretty excited to be involved with this build! Can’t wait for it to get here!!! Different & unique vans that get people to say Wow! Or I want one makes it that much more enjoyable
Tx, Mark! You guys will be seeing it soon.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:56 PM   #46

Garage
Following this Thread - like the progress so far. I'm as interested as you guys to see how the top turns out. Always fun to see innovative ideas progress.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:52 PM   #47
Site Team

This is going to be a very cool, very unique rig. Any plans for sliders? I would hate for the doors to the storage areas to get tweaked.

Herb
Old 01-17-2019, 10:41 PM   #48
KDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
This is going to be a very cool, very unique rig. Any plans for sliders? I would hate for the doors to the storage areas to get tweaked.

Herb
Bronco, by sliders do you mean slide out drawers built in place of the current large swing doors? Honestly, i never really thought of that. I imagine once the doors get tweaked enough i'll need some kind of solution. That's a good one. I don't get too rugged on my wheeling. Snow, trail with some 4x4 section, but nothing major. Perhaps with this rig i'll be more motivated too!
Old 01-18-2019, 10:21 AM   #49
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDB View Post
Bronco, by sliders do you mean slide out drawers built in place of the current large swing doors? Honestly, i never really thought of that. I imagine once the doors get tweaked enough i'll need some kind of solution. That's a good one. I don't get too rugged on my wheeling. Snow, trail with some 4x4 section, but nothing major. Perhaps with this rig i'll be more motivated too!
Actually no. I'm talking about protection of the door sill area between the front axle and the rear axle. Sliders are also known as nerf bars.

https://www.aluminess.com/ford/ford-...2-07-new-bars/

https://weldtecdesigns.com/product/boxed-rock-slider/

Herb
Old 01-18-2019, 08:11 PM   #50
KDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Actually no. I'm talking about protection of the door sill area between the front axle and the rear axle. Sliders are also known as nerf bars.

https://www.aluminess.com/ford/ford-...2-07-new-bars/

https://weldtecdesigns.com/product/boxed-rock-slider/

Herb
Doh, right. I have thought of getting some. I haven't put much research into them yet, however. Ill check out the links, tx. New front bumper eventually as well. I'm liking Ujoint's new model. All his stuff seems really well done.