Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2017, 07:16 PM   #21

I have the Action Van 5" kit. Bought the " Ultimate Suspension System" with upgraded Fox 2.0. Larry is cool as a fan....
Attached Thumbnails
19894043_1497719310285578_611656652_n.jpg   23023844_1603102113080630_1154393407_n.jpg   84f1dc102b5bcf7104dd93c39c4b5d63.jpg  

RLwhaler7.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:31 PM   #22

MountainBikeRoamer RLwhaler7.3: Perfect! That's the dialog I'm looking for.

From the feedback, I don't think there is a "wrong" kit to go with.
Action looks to be functional and cost effective.
Weldtec took the time to respond to my post and that is a HUGE indicator of their level of dedication and customer service! And I like that!

Thanks everybody!
2x 1987 BMW 535is
1995 BMW 540i6
winmag4582001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:38 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag4582001 View Post
MountainBikeRoamer RLwhaler7.3: Perfect! That's the dialog I'm looking for.

From the feedback, I don't think there is a "wrong" kit to go with.
Action looks to be functional and cost effective.
Weldtec took the time to respond to my post and that is a HUGE indicator of their level of dedication and customer service! And I like that!

Thanks everybody!
Hi Winmag ! To be very honest..Weldtec was awesome as well. He followed up with me a few times and was great !

I went with Action van due to simplicity of the installation for my guy ( Mechanic) here in Houston.

unfortunately I'am going to need a 4x4 . She's headed to Agile in a couple of months for the 4x4 conversion.

Best Regards,

Richard
RLwhaler7.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:10 PM   #24

Ford E-series van suspension lift kits

Thanks for the kind words and your support guys! It has allowed us to continue build BA vans along with new and better products for all of you vanners! Our goal is to provide you the best parts to give your van the best ride possible ever!
However i am a little confused.... when it comes to price....?
This is the WeldTec Designs 4" suspension package that includes a rear add a leaf and 4 FOX Shocks so you do not need any blocks. **This Kit does not require any weld on brackets.
$2050 compared to $2269 AV
https://weldtecdesigns.com/product/f...rmace-package/

This is the WeldTec Designs 6" kit that is 2499 compared to $3084 from AV
https://weldtecdesigns.com/product/1...rocery-getter/

If you want to see more on the install process be sure to watch this video and while you are there please subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel.

Thanks again for your support.
Jeremy
WeldTecDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 08:05 AM   #25

Ford E150 Action Van Lift 6"

This is the Action van lift kit. They do great work we were very happy.
Attached Thumbnails
GPTempDownload 4.jpg  
ThaHoodSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 05:56 AM   #26

how come camburg is not being considered? pros/cons?? how does towing change when lifting a e350?

i am very new to the van life/travel but my baja travels/prerunning/racing wants longer radius arms with hiems on both beams and arms. would be good if i can get a 3" coil over in there.
baja_van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 01:23 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja_van View Post
how come camburg is not being considered? pros/cons?? how does towing change when lifting a e350?

i am very new to the van life/travel but my baja travels/prerunning/racing wants longer radius arms with hiems on both beams and arms. would be good if i can get a 3" coil over in there.
I had a Camburg kit. The reason why I bought it was because Weldtec was only a few months old at the time and Camburg had been around for a long time fabbing suspension kits for a lot of different trucks.

Back when I got it (about 5 or 6 years ago), the attention to detail on the van kits just weren't there. I dont think they were doing very many of them so they weren't very customer service oriented on it. When I picked up my van, the remote reservoirs for the front shocks weren't charged, they didn't trim the front valance to clear the tires, and the shocks were definitely not valved correctly for a heavy van. When you upgrade shocks, you only get the fronts, so the fronts were Fox and the rears were Bilstein.

They replaced my ball joints and those failed within a month, so I had to take my van back down so they can do the replacement under warranty. When asked what ball joints they use, the reply was "the best".

Since they aren't focused on the van stuff, it was almost like it was an inconvenience to them to get a kit. With Weldtec, vans are what they do so when you call or have questions, you can get detailed answers. I only compare Weldtec to Camburg because they are both bent I beam kits, rather than drop brackets.

I ended up selling the Camburg kit to a member here and recommended to have the front shocks re-valved. He was very satisfied with the kit and properly valved shocks.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:46 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
I had a Camburg kit. The reason why I bought it was because Weldtec was only a few months old at the time and Camburg had been around for a long time fabbing suspension kits for a lot of different trucks.

Back when I got it (about 5 or 6 years ago), the attention to detail on the van kits just weren't there. I dont think they were doing very many of them so they weren't very customer service oriented on it. When I picked up my van, the remote reservoirs for the front shocks weren't charged, they didn't trim the front valance to clear the tires, and the shocks were definitely not valved correctly for a heavy van. When you upgrade shocks, you only get the fronts, so the fronts were Fox and the rears were Bilstein.

They replaced my ball joints and those failed within a month, so I had to take my van back down so they can do the replacement under warranty. When asked what ball joints they use, the reply was "the best".

Since they aren't focused on the van stuff, it was almost like it was an inconvenience to them to get a kit. With Weldtec, vans are what they do so when you call or have questions, you can get detailed answers. I only compare Weldtec to Camburg because they are both bent I beam kits, rather than drop brackets.

I ended up selling the Camburg kit to a member here and recommended to have the front shocks re-valved. He was very satisfied with the kit and properly valved shocks.
thanks. thats all good to know. i am a 100% newbe to this. been racing/playing/exploring in the cali, nevada and baja for many years in go fast trucks. just picked up a van to play with. will do a short intro and thread start soon.
i have several friends working at camburg and jerry used to frequent one of the race shops way back when he started.
baja_van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 01:34 PM   #29

Upgrade to fox shocks on action van lift.

Looking to upgrade my shocks from the well used Bilsteins. Any chance you know the model numbers from the fox shocks on the action van lift kit? Thanks so much.
1992Sportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 03:00 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja_van View Post
thanks. thats all good to know. i am a 100% newbe to this. been racing/playing/exploring in the cali, nevada and baja for many years in go fast trucks. just picked up a van to play with. will do a short intro and thread start soon.
i have several friends working at camburg and jerry used to frequent one of the race shops way back when he started.
I had a Camburg kit on the V10 EB I had before the current van. Pretty neat how they heated up and bent the arms, but it was way over sprung. I jacked it up to check a wheel bearing and I think the tire only drooped an inch. Was kinda miserable on washboard. I'd shoot for lower lift and more droop - I just wasnt sure how much droop you could get out of the i-beams and still have 6" of lift.

There was a guy a year or two ago sponsored by Falken and maybe Hoonigan that was rallying a van pretty hard. Not sure what happened or where he went, but his set up might be worth checking out if you can find it.

'05 Pleasure Way Excel TS V10, still boring and 2wd
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote