Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2015, 10:22 PM   #41
Site Team

Re: Aluminess-Quadvan-Transit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tienckb
...I decided to wait for an E350 EB cargo and after many sleepless nights thinking of owning one, we found our rig a 2008 quigley EB V10 with only 24k miles. Needless to say we made the right decision for our traveling plan. Saved a lot of moolah too. Wifey super happy!!!
Crisis averted, nice!

Old 07-23-2015, 10:31 PM   #42

Oh yeah and she even said "I love our van and I can't wait for u to put all the aluminess thingy on and BIG tires" she's a keeper.
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:33 AM   #43
Site Team

Quote:
Oh yeah and she even said "I love our van and I can't wait for u to put all the aluminess thingy on and BIG tires" she's a keeper.
Reminds me of 4 wheeling with my wife one day, and i got us hung up on a minor obstacle. That's when she turned to me and said "Why don't we have 35" tires, and what are lockers?"
Old 07-24-2015, 04:58 PM   #44

Quote:
Good for you... for sure a "keeper".
We should NOT get our wives together camp-side. Two peas in a pod they are.

CaChing. More-Bling.

: ) Thom
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:05 PM   #45

I have to thank the weather at Expo this year for our van since we have a series 100 and an offroad trailer with a Tepui RTT that we took to the event. Well if you were there u knew what it was like in the far out field (nasty azz mud mixed with excrements). She made sure that I understood "if you want me to overland with you again you BETTER get a van!!!"

And here we are :-)
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:10 PM   #46

Aluminess-Quadvan-Transit

I think watching me drink Baileys and coffee with the heater on also helped to turn the tide for her.....

2006 EB 350 QuadVan V-10 (Working on Build out now)
2006 Quigley V-10 (Sold)
https://www.BrentHaywoodPhotography.com
https://www.facebook.com/haywoodphoto (Almost Daily Updates)
haywoodphotomaccom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:37 PM   #47

Found this youtube video from earlier this year that indicates Newberg would be a Quigley Transit dealer. Who knows?

Steve_382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:38 PM   #48

Dudes,

I am reading this post and hoping to prove you wrong. I agree that the photo here is an ugly version. The pointy nose is a suboptimal look and I can not do much about that and the tall roof looks stupid on all vans including the much beloved Mercedes Sprinter van. I am banking on the following features to make my 2016 Transit 2016 4X4 look much better than this;

1. Metallic Gray paint with black trim (not this ambulance white)
2. Low Roof Transit with Pop-top (I want to garage my investment. Sprinters won't garage in 8 feet)
3. Hella Light Kit
4. Quigley 4X4 conversion with 2 inch lift.
5. 265/70R17 Off road tires not the 215/60R16 that come stock.
6. After Market Custom Wheels.
7. Neon Light Under body light kit

Why? Because I do not want to be servicing outdated E-series gas guzzling van for next 15 years of ownership AND I want a domestic van that I can get parts and service on without sending my money to Germany.

I welcome ridicule and derision but I bet some of you will be interested in the photos when I am done. ETA is February 2016.

Advice is welcomed on how to additionally modify this truck to allow me to keep my man card when I am done. I acknowledge that the 148 inch wheel base and wheel well size is an Achilles heel for true hard core off-roading but when one invests >$100K in toy like this the appetite for balancing it on the edge of a boulder field goes down. I had an E-series SMB van in 2000 with huge wheels and did some hard core off roading and I was frankly worried about rolling my investment into a ravine. I have a 1966 Bronco that I can do that sh-t with. I plan to go off road but not as my primary driver. Think Arizona and Colorado dirt roads and not the Canyon Lands of Utah.

Stay tuned.

John
Transit4X42016 is offline   Reply With Quote