Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2009, 12:57 AM   #1
BC

Blackeye Spotted in Central Oregon

Hey Blackeye, whatcha doin' up in these parts? Saw the rig in downtown Bend today (along with two others parked nearby--did I miss the memo on a mini rally?). Anyway, knew it was you, couldnt miss that big topper and then saw the telltale Rockin R. Looks good in person and good and dirty now too. Figured you guys were down at the Deschuttes Brewery or something, would have been fun to meet. Dont forget to file that report here.

BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #2

Re: Blackeye Spotted in Central Oregon

mmmm...Deschutes Brewery, the source of many of my hangovers......
saline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
BC

ah but not on the recent NW trip it seems Saline, judging by that excellent trip report. Funny thing, we were in the San Juans early July, then Hells Canyon about the same time you were, and then dropped down into WY, CO and even blew right past Fruita on our way home in early Aug. Would have like to have done Kokopeli and other various local trails but we were fast tracking en route to UT at that point.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:21 PM   #4

Hey BC,

Yea, it was us. We were in town having dinner with some friends at Zydico (sp?) on Bond Street. Great food and incredible service.

Sorry for the late reply, just got back and am not one to go "online" too much while rolling. We had a fabulous 6,000 mile road / trail trip through 12 states. I hope to post a trip report soon. My highlight was the Alpine Loop in CO. Engineer Pass, Cinnamon Pass and American Basin were spectacular! My wife's highlight was probably the Black Hills and Mount Rushmore. We had some great fly fishing and mountain biking.

I also noticed the other SMB's around that same intersection. We spotted around 10 Sportsmobiles along our path.

Thank you or your kind words. I hope to meet up with you sometime.

Blackeye

In between rigs at the moment.
https://www.overlandtraining.com/ Overland Certified #OC0008
Blackeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:59 PM   #5
BC

cool, totally understand not being connected on the road as much, and figured it may be a while before you saw this. Glad you had a good trip, van looks awesome esp with bugs and mud splatter all over on the front

We did the Alpine Loop a few years ago and it is was blast. Nothing like driving up and over 12,000-ft (closer to 13,000-ft on Imogene) in the SMB. Maybe next time we can get together and sample some of the fine single track over in the high desert there if you didnt already.