Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #1

Cool H2 w/CCV top!!

This is a cool rig..

another rig

Buck
Attached Thumbnails
hummer 1.jpg   hummer 2.jpg   astro.jpg  

Van Specialties build out
buckkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #2

Re: Cool H2 w/CCV top!!

I saw that they have a Ford Excursion with a pop top too. Pretty cool to have other vehicles other than vans with this option.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #3

He did that Excursion a few years ago. Not sure if he ever did more than one. I hadn't seen the Hummer though. That's pretty cool.

There's a thread around on at least one of the Astro vans. It may be on Expedition Portal if not here.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #4

That guy at CCV has a real can do attitude. Hope he gets through this flood business ok.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanw909
That guy at CCV has a real can do attitude. Hope he gets through this flood business ok.
Well, he lives (and works) up on Storm Mtn, in Drake Co. The only highway (34) between him and civilization (Loveland) is gone. Yes, gone. 8-10 months minimum and if you've seen the pics online I don't know how they will fix it that fast. His wife and son were evac'd by helicopter a few days after the rain. He had no damage at home, but the highway running through Big Thompson Canyon between him and Loveland was washed away. He and about 50 neighbors made a trail down the mountain useable by 4wd but this took them several days. I don't know how rough it is. He says he can now get home in a capable 4wd in about an hour. He has been forced to move his business down to Loveland though. That's where he'll be working on my van next week. I'll give some more details when I'm over there. Meanwhile, he's probably not answering the phone because he's not at his regular shop much. He called me the other day to assure me he could still honor my date, but I don't know exactly where he is working yet. He's having to buy tools, set up shop, etc. Big mess, but yes, it's an understatement to say he has a can do attitude.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #6

Garage

^^^ i think thier shop phone is forwarded to his wifes phone. shes answered the last couple times i called. hope they get everything straightened out soon. cant imagine what everyone in that area is going through. plus i really, really, really want to get my top, lol.

the top on the hummer is cool, but it would be way cooler on a real hummer.

agreed on the can do attitude too. derek builds some really cool stuff. he invited me up to his place when were were coming back from picking up our van last november. walked me through some builds and showed me around his place (which is just badass all around). my wife said his wife was really nice too. did i mention i was excited to get a top from him??
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #7

"Way cooler on a real Hummer ". Unless you were paying for the gas. I too hope to someday have a rig with one of his tops.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #8

I'm guess I don't see that advantage of a pop-top on a Hummer-2.... With the high, not so flat floor, it still can't really be walked in, and there isn't enough space for furniture. Why not just use a roof-top-tent?
Old 10-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb
I'm guess I don't see that advantage of a pop-top on a Hummer-2.... With the high, not so flat floor, it still can't really be walked in, and there isn't enough space for furniture. Why not just use a roof-top-tent?
I'm guessing I don't see the advantage of a Hummer H2, poptop nonwithstanding. Very good point though. A van would just be too 'uncool' for this person I suppose.