Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #11
Site Team

Garage
Re: EB 71 Living Space: Walkthrough Floor Plan

I guess I would have to say that the equipment I carry including myself has a lot to deal with me having a 50 model. I felt too cramped in the walk thru models due to my size. The only reason I even put a bed in the back of my 50 was if I had to keep the top down for some reason. It also serves as a cushion for my scope and tripod I usually haul. Under the bed is an outdoor chair, a couple of outdoor tables, privi tent, tarp and a basic needs bag. That usually fills that lower storage area. I keep a small bag of outdoor wear and a couple of pillows on the lower bed because the back closet is worthless. Anything I need to access frequenty I also keep within reach. I also have a small bag of food there from time to time depending on how long I plan to be out. But I do like the looks of the walkthru just wish it was a little wider for my purposes.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwindansea
We have two 60 lb dogs that almost always travel with us (RB van). The center aisle layout has worked great for us and they have absolultey no problems navigating the space. They always sleep down below and we sleep up top. I don't think we have ever folded out the gaucho as they would have a lot less space to sleep. If we only had one dog, that would be ok though.

The center aisle layout has been perfect for us, especially since I lock up our surf boards in it on a day to day basis (anywhere from 5'8 - 9'2).
Dogs + surfboards is one of my main reasons for wanting a walk-thru.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:22 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to surfgeek33

More pics I found why I love our floor plan. This was taken before a couple's trip for our anniversary. I just took the 3rd captain seat out and presto!

BEFORE

AFTER

"I do, cellularSTEVE" :o)
surfgeek33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:42 PM   #14

Odd they don't show EB71 anymore as a standard plan. I've pretty much decided on EB49, which is an isle plan with the gaucho forward behind the driver. Since I don't need a third captains chair I prefer to keep the seating together.
I plan to leave the last 32 inches open, without cabinets. I want some storage flexibility and would like a changeable space.
In many ways I prefer EB50, but it doesn't seem the right layout for month-long trips. I do plan to sleep in the PH when practical. The EB 50 is a lot of bed on the main level.
Kitchen and counter space is a tough choice for me. I do prefer to cook outside, but with the SMB I intend to push the weather more in spring and fall. I'm not sure as to the right amount of counter space.
Hey, can anyone recommend a source of less traditional vinyl flooring? I've found Travett flooring I like, but it's only sold in Europe. The North American flooring lines are very conservative.
zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:15 PM   #15

Gaucho bed?

Hi,
I just wondered if you have ever measured all the dimensions of the gaucho, both up and fully extended? Plus the box frame underneath? Mine’s in storage right now and I can’t find dimensions in any of the layouts SMB prints out. Just thought I’d ask since I’m working on a new layout for a more comfy bed, but have nothing to work with at the moment.
Thanks,
ConnieKat
ConnieKat is offline   Reply With Quote