Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2019, 08:36 PM   #11

I'm always a little hesitant to show this Quigley..

The story behind the decals: My mother went around bidding things up at a school auction, accidentally won the car decals. My mom's immediate reaction was "Crap, what don't we drive at all right now?" And since both were working full time and I didn't yet have a drivers licence, the answer was, "Well, we'll just put them on the van..."- This was probably... 7-8 years ago. So this is what it looks like...

Now 20, almost 21. 6'8-6'9. Don't fit in regular cars, and this has (more or less) turned into my DD at university in Montana or while I'm at home in CA.

First photo is parked in the back yard, trying to keep the leaves off of it when we painted the roof. That was a PITA, but the paint matched perfectly, has held up really well and looks really nice.
Second photo I was actually stuck, because I had put it in 2wd and had zero weight in the back. 4wd solved that as soon as I realized I was an idiot.
Third photo was Flathead pass up here in MT when I knew I had buddies to pull me out if I got it stuck.
Last photo has me as a 7 year old, and that's not gonna hit the forum... But that's what it used to look like before the ugly decals, and that's what I will return it to as soon as next weeks finals are over.

I have more pictures when the van was being painted, but I need to find them first...
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
E250.jpg   E250_2.jpg   E250_3.jpg   InkedE250.jpg  

Old 04-24-2019, 09:09 PM   #12

Garage
I would drive the wheels off that vanbro! I dig it!!!!!
DIY4x4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:38 PM   #13

My experience is that it's always gotten mixed reviews. Those who know what it is besides "That white creeper van with the stupid swirls" seem to like it, and, well, everyone else, not so much.

My dad seems to think its a real chick magnet. I think the jury is still out on that one. Maybe I'm just picky and introverted.

As soon as I finish the paint, polish up the wheels, change the mirrors out, and add some sound deadening, it will be much better. Still thinking about Agile's RIP kit if it's in the $1200 range.. After 23 years & 115K mi, I think it's safe to say that suspension has worn a bit, and never was the greatest to begin with.

Also need to sort the radio out... The left-right balance and the fade all seem to be a little off... Like maybe one of the wires for left/right got mixed up for one of the speakers.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:25 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroading_is_Fun View Post
Maybe I'm just picky and introverted...

Give it a few years... that wears off!

Tags
4x4 conversion, 7.3 diesel, e350, straitpipe