Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2016, 02:42 PM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
Yes, well, my guy speaks no English and works in the backyard behind a taqueria in a bad part of town. But he's honest, does really good work, and is cheap!
Would love to meet him, PM sent.

SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:23 AM   #222

Woops. Screwing around down by the Yuba River and dropped a wheel off the side into the loose gravel and rocks. Much hilarity ensued, luckily gcvt was there to yank me up the hill.

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:05 AM   #223
Site Team

Garage
What you'll go through for a great pic eh Robb

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:32 AM   #224

It was one of those situations where it didn't look bad, so I didn't do what I should have done, then compounded that a few times.

Had I aired down and backed out, I probably would have driven right out.. but no, I gotta be lazy and not air down, and try to go UP. Dumbass.

On a positive note, I now know just about the time when my synthetic winch line snaps.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:06 AM   #225

That was fun(ny)!

Never thought I'd be pulling you out with my 2WD - just figured it'd always be the other way around.

Oops!

gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:06 PM   #226

looks like someone ate some humble pie!! I should have such problems and such fun...
Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:18 PM   #227
Site Team

Garage
I see you used at least 1 traction board. No luck with one on each side? Doesn't give me much confidence in the Maxtrax boards. But yeah you look...el stucko.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:31 PM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
I see you used at least 1 traction board. No luck with one on each side? Doesn't give me much confidence in the Maxtrax boards. But yeah you look...el stucko.
Yeah, had two Maxtraxx.. Truth be told, I couldn't get them them in a great position without getting out my shovel, which I was too lazy to do.

They did get torn up a bit more than I would have expected, a good number of the sharp knob things are gone.... Which is fine for me, I carry them for insurance, not for regular use.

If you used them regular, at least on these heavy vans, you'd need to replace them regular.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:29 PM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
It was one of those situations where it didn't look bad, so I didn't do what I should have done, then compounded that a few times.

Had I aired down and backed out, I probably would have driven right out.. but no, I gotta be lazy and not air down, and try to go UP. Dumbass.

On a positive note, I now know just about the time when my synthetic winch line snaps.
Surprised your winch line snapped! Van isn't that burried but it is on a slope. Was it used with a tree strap around a tree up top or connected to the van in front of you when it snapped? Did you try and winch when it snapped or did the other van attempt to pull you out with the winch line attached? Just curious for a lessons learned for the rest of us.

What was the line rated for? I don't have a winch on this van yet so I want to factor in anything I can learn from your situation.
Thanks
Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:20 PM   #230
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMRIDER View Post
Surprised your winch line snapped! Van isn't that burried but it is on a slope. Was it used with a tree strap around a tree up top or connected to the van in front of you when it snapped? Did you try and winch when it snapped or did the other van attempt to pull you out with the winch line attached? Just curious for a lessons learned for the rest of us.

What was the line rated for? I don't have a winch on this van yet so I want to factor in anything I can learn from your situation.
Thanks
Eric
Well we all want to know