Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2015, 08:36 PM   #11

Re: My modded Traverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by qreusjorj
Quote:
Originally Posted by reelchef67
I love the way that looks . How much lift is the action van Lift?
I Grew up always wanting a westy but friends of mine that had them steered me clear of them as they are so $$$ to maintain and drive in British Columbia where I live.
So I have had class b vans until I found my dream van A westy on a ford chassis.A traverse!!
that I have been modding.
Led strip light in all cabinets with switches, usb ports and RGBW wifi controlled under counter stealth lights.
I am 90% done a galley cabinet for it.
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/vie...p?f=40&t=15753
And Just got a bumper I designed and had fabricator build for me.
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/vie...p?f=10&t=16154
The cabinet pics look great. Sorry about the loss of your mum.
Hey thanks ! I notivr you have roof racks on your pop top!
Can you post a close up !
How are they mounted and what models etc. Are they on racktrack or??
I have some pro series rain gutter mount racks that are great but i need easier solution for a ww kayak paddle, board and maybe a solar panel...
Ive been too busy too finish the galley cabinet with work and fun . Even need to wire up led bumper lights lol

Old 08-08-2015, 11:31 AM   #12

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qreusjorj
Quote:
I love the way that looks . How much lift is the action van Lift?
I Grew up always wanting a westy but friends of mine that had them steered me clear of them as they are so $$$ to maintain and drive in British Columbia where I live.
So I have had class b vans until I found my dream van A westy on a ford chassis.A traverse!!
that I have been modding.
Led strip light in all cabinets with switches, usb ports and RGBW wifi controlled under counter stealth lights.
I am 90% done a galley cabinet for it.
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/vie...p?f=40&t=15753
And Just got a bumper I designed and had fabricator build for me.
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/vie...p?f=10&t=16154
The cabinet pics look great. Sorry about the loss of your mum.
Hey thanks ! I notivr you have roof racks on your pop top!
Can you post a close up !
How are they mounted and what models etc. Are they on racktrack or??
I have some pro series rain gutter mount racks that are great but i need easier solution for a ww kayak paddle, board and maybe a solar panel...
Ive been too busy too finish the galley cabinet with work and fun . Even need to wire up led bumper lights lol
@reelchef67
Ok. Finally had some times to grab some images of the Thule rack system. The camper top has upgraded struts to handle more weight. We've camped with 2 SUPs on top without issue. That may be only 40 lbs.
qreusjorj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 06:53 PM   #13

@qreusjorj
Thank you ! I see you have them mounted outside of the interior area on the roof , on the overhang of the roof between the the canvas.
I had been wondering about doing that thank you.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:03 PM   #14

Curious how you secured the track to the top when mounting outboard of the tent? The rack installer I visited today didn't feel that there was enough clearance underneath for the hardware (nut & washer). I'd really appreciate info on how you did it.

Thanks
NattyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:11 PM   #15

I have a 2005 traverse with a ski box on the roof as well. Looking at replacing the lift struts. How many lbs is your upgraded struts? would you go light or stronger or is it just right?
tsemmens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:24 PM   #16

No need for a ladder? Same question on how it was attached, through bolted it looks like.

I have the same color Traverse, 2002. Just getting started on it... Tire and lift look great as well, that is the next project after getting Racks.
Wiseone.eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsemmens View Post
I have a 2005 traverse with a ski box on the roof as well. Looking at replacing the lift struts. How many lbs is your upgraded struts? would you go light or stronger or is it just right?
I have the same Traverse, my racks are through-bolted into the overhead tent compartment same as the other hardware needed (rear Scissor lifts and Gas Spring mounts).

Does anyone have images of a Ladder for roof access?

Also upgraded Gas Spring for lift to 200lbs (from 150lbs), found them at NMTsystems to match the same hardware, a bitch to install but figured out how to make a compression tool on this board.

With the Traverse Running Boards/Step, I was concerned about ordering and installing the Aluminess Ladder.
Wiseone.eric is offline   Reply With Quote