Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2018, 09:19 AM   #61

Garage
Well crap, I was always worried about hearing some of the older Quigley vans cracking radius arms because they are crappy C channel instead of fully boxed or tubular like the newer ones. I had a couple from France renting my van and on pavement had this happen

I am pretty pissed (I always wondered if I should just replace them as preventative anyway, kicking myself) and talk about horrible timing when I am letting someone else borrow my van so now its ruining their trip, I have to overnight parts to some random tow shop in Jackson Wyoming and get it all fixed, ugh.

nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:51 AM   #62

That's a huge bummer. Any idea when they went to fully boxed?
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:59 AM   #63

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
That's a huge bummer. Any idea when they went to fully boxed?

No idea, Mine is a 96 so its pretty old, apparently the new ones I get will have tubular lowers and the top will still be square (So not their newest design) but at least fully boxed, I have a weird old design that has a shock mount on the outer side of the upper arm. Eventually when I get my RIP kit from Agile they will weld a new shock mount to get rid of that and I could probably get a tubular upper too so I get to spend even more later, . I guess I might just keep it and cut the shock mounts off when that time comes if they work, well see. After the new transmission and this unforeseen issue my pocketbook is looking very, very broke, I hate paying someone ridiculous rates for something I could easily do myself.....
Old 11-21-2018, 03:25 PM   #64

Garage
Van is doing great, we have our new transmission in and new Quigley arms so we spent some time out in the desert this last weekend and had a great time. This time of year is perfect between fall and winter, we had the place to ourselves since it gets cold at night but we have a heater so that’s not an issue and the days are still nice. We were in Capitol Reef and went through Cathederal Valley, then on the east end cut north or random back roads and drove about 40 miles of dirt road up to the I70 to look for dinosaur bones in San Raphael Swell. Had a great time.
Dropping into the valley:

Cathedral Valley:

Plenty of technical terrain and washed out washes near the secret dig site:

Panorama:
Old 11-21-2018, 09:48 PM   #65

Garage
Great pictures! I really love cathedral valley.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:01 AM   #66

Garage
Yeah, great pictures. One of these days I'll make that trip.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:11 AM   #67

Garage
Thanks, nothing fancy just some quick phone pics with no editing, its pretty cool out there, hard to take a bad picture.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:23 PM   #68

Garage
Might have to start a new thread but I will give this a go here. I have a 1996 Sportsmobile with a Starcool III and the rear compressor/condensor needs help and replacement ideally. So here is the issue, I contacted Danhard directly and they don't make either part anymore unfortunately. Sportsmobile said they were still making them a few years ago but nothing anymore, ugh!! I would like to keep the system if possible instead of tearing the whole thing out but as the pictures show its been trail smashed pretty good. Running off 110v the compressor starts to seize and probably needs to ideally be replaced and the condensor for sure if I could at least find something aftermarket that is the same size and has the same fittings would be nice to at least retain the AC while driving since it ties into the main system.

So my question is this:
1) Does anyone have a lead to find replacement parts
2) If not does anyone know of at least an aftermarket condenser that would be compatible to replace my badly smashed one and have the same connections?

Old 04-19-2019, 07:17 AM   #69
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
You might contact ProAir---they make a lot of aftermarket heating/cooling systems that find their way into a lot of different types vehicles: ProAir

Their stuff is good quality, I have two of their heat-only units in different vans I own.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:06 PM   #70

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
You might contact ProAir---they make a lot of aftermarket heating/cooling systems that find their way into a lot of different types vehicles: ProAir

Their stuff is good quality, I have two of their heat-only units in different vans I own.
Thanks, I will check them out and see if anything will work. I was hoping maybe someone had a similar issue and already knew something that worked since I have no clue what size connections I am going to need that will be compatible with my smashed up condenser.