Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2016, 05:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Why ironic to write that here? Are we discriminating on camper van types now?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's amazing to me that in this day and age of Google people can't at least think critically about a subject and research it.

Here you go... it took 2 sec to type the question and .73 sec for a search result. I read this article a year ago.

Why VW will not bring back a van in the U.S., at least right now | Michigan Radio

StraightOuttaBallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:11 PM   #12
Site Team

It's amazing to me in this day and age a person can't compose a coherent post in a thread, and then wonder why people don't comprehend what they're talking about.

BTW, welcome to the forum. Make yourself at home, but how about leaving out whatever attitude you're bringing here. We're a tight family and don't need members, let along newcomers, coming here with attitude like they own the place.

Herb
Old 07-24-2016, 08:23 PM   #13

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
I posted this in the Craigslist Ads section and think it is pretty cool - too small and unmanly for me of course!

Toyota

Toyota Sienna Rare Custom Camper Van 2014

White Toyota Sienna LE AWD
All Wheel Drive Camper Van
Custom V Pop Top on a 2014 Toyota Sienna LE AWD
Customized by GTRV in Northern California

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:23 PM   #14
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
It's amazing to me in this day and age a person can't compose a coherent post in a thread, and then wonder why people don't comprehend what they're talking about.

BTW, welcome to the forum. Make yourself at home, but how about leaving out whatever attitude you're bringing here. We're a tight family and don't need members, let along newcomers, coming here with attitude like they own the place.

Herb
I have to agree here with Herb, there is no sense coping an attitude although sometimes it's just a jerk response to something. Lets just keep it civil folks.

In response to the post in question here, lets do a little research:
What do you see in most national parks, state parks and on the highway? Larger RV, trailers or pickup campers, and the tent campers. Eric only pointed out there are a lot more of these micro campers out there than before. If you consider a roof top tent camper a micro camper...well there's that. Most folks are not willing to spend the cash on any type of conversion. I'd venture to say a lot of owners would not feel comfortable punching a hole in a perfectly good roof of their mini van to add a pop top! Just throwing in a tent for the weekend camping trip might be a cheaper solution. On the other hand there are companies who offer these type vehicle for rent. I'm starting to see more and more of this. Booming? Hard to say. The reason you don't see SMB's outside the USA has less to do with size & more with fuel economy IMO. Then you have the big boy European Unimog Types that are rarely seen in the US as compared to SMB's. Are these type companies booming? Yes they are, just most can't finance something like that. We all purchase what we can afford. Right now with the fuel prices I'm seeing and what I can afford to drive pushes me to what I have. As old age creeps on me I'll pick what suits my needs and it will be between practicality, comfort, and running costs. Younger adults seem to think in smaller packages because like me in my day, I was able to live with a backpacking style attitude. I do see a bigger market for micro RV's if the economy moves us in that direction. I could not afford an SMB in my youth...used a tent. Now days if you can't follow me down a crummy jeep trail, you don't have a vehicle I'd ever want to be paying DMV for the tags. I'm sure that will change in the future.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:58 PM   #15

I think Volkswagen could sell 200,000 of these in the US.

Oh, never mind. It's not 4x4....
wadewaydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:07 AM   #16

But it could be.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote