Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2016, 07:08 AM   #11

Garage
first camp spot ever in van. last minute trip leaving at 10pm and going to a wedding the next day at 5pm, lol. still totally worth the effort!

first outing with the poptop, but not sleeping up top. all that newly acquired room was so nice. had room to roam around.

first outing sleeping in penthouse. showed up after dark and was guided into this spot by a friend. had no idea where we were and what we would wake up to. laying in bed watching the wildlife do its thing that morning was our ah ha moment...

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:27 AM   #12

Garage
Quote:
first outing sleeping in penthouse. showed up after dark and was guided into this spot by a friend. had no idea where we were and what we would wake up to. laying in bed watching the wildlife do its thing that morning was our ah ha moment...
Terrific, Shenrie! Had a similar experience arriving to a tent gathering late at night. I could hear gurgling, but couldn't see a darn thing. Next morning, woke up to a river three feet from our tent. Somebody didn't know it was a tidal river... sure was beautiful, tho.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:00 AM   #13

Garage
^^^ thanks we were actually kicked out of that spot that day. a disgruntled camper had taken all the signage down that let people know that all the spots along that section of the river were closed due to flash flood dangers from previous years wildfires. something that was rather evident thinking back...

later that season we did a November trip up to the local reservoir. same result as you with the tidal river, lol. one of our friends woke up with water 2-3' from their tent and another woke with the 2 rear wheels submerged on his suburban. we had to give him a little tug to remove him from the mud, lol. I even inquired that day cause it appeared as if the water was rising. everyone told me I was just drunk...
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
Old 10-25-2016, 12:06 PM   #14

First family road trip in VinnieDaVan @ David Boone National Forest
Attached Thumbnails
1IMG_6280 copy.jpg   image.jpg   image (1).jpg  
Old 10-25-2016, 12:51 PM   #15

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
^^^ thanks we were actually kicked out of that spot that day. a disgruntled camper had taken all the signage down that let people know that all the spots along that section of the river were closed due to flash flood dangers from previous years wildfires. something that was rather evident thinking back...

later that season we did a November trip up to the local reservoir. same result as you with the tidal river, lol. one of our friends woke up with water 2-3' from their tent and another woke with the 2 rear wheels submerged on his suburban. we had to give him a little tug to remove him from the mud, lol. I even inquired that day cause it appeared as if the water was rising. everyone told me I was just drunk...
Hahaha! A person could sober up really fast under those circumstances!

Old 10-25-2016, 01:16 PM   #16

Garage
yep, those friends use their suburban as a tent. when he opened the door to stumble out that morning, his first step was a wet one. previous days drunk was now a hangover, hahaha. I was using their poles as a gauge. when I asked about the water level they said its November, if anything, the water level is going down...

fastest ive ever sobered up was getting growled at in pitch black darkness by a cougar roughly 10-15' away. we had got in between it and its kit(s). it wasn't a scream like some you hear, it was a low pitch slow growl..like get the hell away from me. I went from shitfaced drunk, to stone cold sober in a snap. this was in our tent days and our tent was a good 100' from everyone elses that weekend. I couldn't scoot far enough from the tent walls that night. slept like crap of course. got up early and found cougar tracks in the mud within 4-5' of our tent. big cats scare me worse than anything. house cats have messed me up pretty bad when pissed, what a cat that weighs as much as me is intimidating as all hell.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:58 PM   #17
Wbp

First overnight in the creeper

Spent our first overnight in the Smokey Mountain National Park. Making a list of things we forgot and need to add. First thing when I get home is to figure out to shut the courtesy lights off so they don't go on every time I climb out of the van at night or morning and wake the wife up. Night light inside to see the potti and the dog. Other then that not too bad so far.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Wbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbp View Post
First thing when I get home is to figure out to shut the courtesy lights off so they don't go on every time I climb out of the van at night or morning and wake the wife up.
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...out-17931.html
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 05:05 PM   #19
Wbp

Thanks Rallypanam for the link I thought I had seen some treads on this and was going to do some searching when I get home. The only problem I have is the dealer in my area not sure I want to ask them for anything they were not very helpful the last time I went in with a problem I may try another dealer in the area. But it would be real nice to do it that simply.
Wbp is offline   Reply With Quote