Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2015, 03:03 PM   #11

Re: Removed Fiberglass sidesteps and vinyl stripes

Much improved!

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 03:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer
The Stage 2 kit would be the comparable kit to Action Vans Ultimate Suspension kit. The Stage 2 kit from Weld Tec is $2100 (+$160 for upgraded Fox shocks) and the Action Van kit is $2,895. I think they both charge around $600-$700 for install.

http://www.weldtec-designs.com/product/ ... ry-getter/

vs.

http://actionvansuspension.com/prices.php
Well damnit. I thought I was all set with action van. Now you got me thinking. What's the difference besides the shocks? I loke how action van has done a whole lot of vans. It seems that weldtech is newer.

The price I was quoted for the best action van kit installed was a few 100 less than "msrp". Hope I don't get killed for throwing that out on the forum.

Does action van lift have any cons I should know about?
1997 Jeep Wrangler Lifted / Locked
1997 Mercedes C230
1994 Mercedes SL500
DerPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:10 PM   #13

I'm not trying to change your mind. I thought if you were paying their retail price plus install, you could save a few bucks by going with WeldTec.

WeldTec and Camburg offer a bent I beam suspension and the Action Van is a drop bracket kit. I'll let someone who knows more about suspensions tell you what each of them do. The benefit to the bent I beam kit is more suspension travel.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:23 PM   #14

... and a higher roll center (less body roll)... and no drop brackets to bend/break/peel off the frame... and more ground clearance... and... and... and...
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ
... and a higher roll center (less body roll)... and no drop brackets to bend/break/peel off the frame... and more ground clearance... and... and... and...
I hardly know how to change my oil. So more detail you give me the better....especially since I'm about to drop around 5-6k on my rig.
1997 Mercedes C230
1994 Mercedes SL500
Old 11-06-2015, 07:18 PM   #16

Quote:
I'm not trying to change your mind. I thought if you were paying their retail price plus install, you could save a few bucks by going with WeldTec.

WeldTec and Camburg offer a bent I beam suspension and the Action Van is a drop bracket kit. I'll let someone who knows more about suspensions tell you what each of them do. The benefit to the bent I beam kit is more suspension travel.
Thanks Mike!
There are benefits to running bent beams over drop down brackets. Overall it is putting less stress on stock frame by not lengthening pivot points. By keeping stock pivot points you maintain stability and overall ride remains as originally designed. With a bent beam we are improving the performance vs just allowing you to run a bigger coil to get height.
Our stage two kit includes extended radius arms 9" over stock and the benefit is decreased caster changes as the wheel moves through its travel. We are using Agile's fox shock with custom valving to improve performance to your specific needs.
No need for a steering stabilizer or other unnecessary parts.... Just the meat and potatoes
If you really want to notice a significant difference you change out your stock rear leaf pack with our custom springs and eliminate any use of blocks.
WeldTecDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:23 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeldTecDesigns
Quote:

Thanks Mike!
There are benefits to running bent beams over drop down brackets. Overall it is putting less stress on stock frame by not lengthening pivot points. By keeping stock pivot points you maintain stability and overall ride remains as originally designed. With a bent beam we are improving the performance vs just allowing you to run a bigger coil to get height.
Our stage two kit includes extended radius arms 9" over stock and the benefit is decreased caster changes as the wheel moves through its travel. We are using Agile's fox shock with custom valving to improve performance to your specific needs.
No need for a steering stabilizer or other unnecessary parts.... Just the meat and potatoes
If you really want to notice a significant difference you change out your stock rear leaf pack with our custom springs and eliminate any use of blocks.

It was great chatting with you on the phone last night. I'll come by the shop when I get back from vacation!
1997 Mercedes C230
1994 Mercedes SL500
Old 01-14-2018, 10:26 PM   #18

Perfect changes to make it look much better, great job
OutlawImages is offline   Reply With Quote