Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #21

Re: New SMB and member

New pictures from our weekend camping trip in AR. We camped at Millwood State Park then drove up to Bear Mountain outside of Mt Ida to dig for quartz crystals. Really pleased with the new Aluminess roof rack. Very sturdy and didn't cause any issues raising/lowering the manual top either.

scottman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #22

Re: Scottman's EB E350 EB27

scottman

Nice rig bud and welcome, I love that layout looks like it seats 8 and sleeps 4,think I just found my layout can you send me measurements of rear seats.
Thanks
Buck
Van Specialties build out
buckkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckkiller
scottman

Nice rig bud and welcome, I love that layout looks like it seats 8 and sleeps 4,think I just found my layout can you send me measurements of rear seats.
Thanks
Buck
Thanks. Actually seats 10. It's the EB27 layout from SMB's website, they list the dinettes (rear benches) as 49" wide. They've got all the other dimensions posted there too.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #24

Thanks for all the pics on the mods.

How much more difficult is it to raise the top with the rack on top when empty?

Any idea how much yours weighs ? I thought I read like 60lbs that that does not seem
possible.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #25

Thanks, I love the rack. It was different from any Aluminess pics I saw, more like a full length basket, and exactly what I wanted.

No discernible difference in raising the top, I can still do it by myself. 60lbs is probably pretty close. I know I moved it around on my own easily in prep for the install. The shipping box said 135lbs, including ladder and all the crate materials - and the packing was well reinforced with 1x2s and plywood. I also went with 3/4" bars instead of 1" and just cross bars instead of flooring or slats to cut down on weight.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #26

Did you add any length to the standard Aluminess roof rack length? Looks really nice on top of the EB PH top!
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #27

Now that is an awesome Layout! Would set me up nicely with the wife and two kids. I have to say I've been dialing in my "wish list" a lot lately on the forum!

Welcome and great looking rig!

Chris
Chrismw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelso
Did you add any length to the standard Aluminess roof rack length? Looks really nice on top of the EB PH top!
I gave them my dimensions and they gave me a quote, wasn't exactly like anything they had on their site or the quote form, but I think the pricing was comparable to what they have published.

I can't say enough good about Aluminess, those guys were great. They answered all my questions, showed me mock ups, and then answered more questions again and again during the process and install.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrismw
Now that is an awesome Layout! Would set me up nicely with the wife and two kids. I have to say I've been dialing in my "wish list" a lot lately on the forum!

Welcome and great looking rig!

Chris
Thanks, I'm in a similar situation, my wife and two kids fit perfectly in this van. It's been great so far...
Old 07-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #30

Finally got to use the beast at the lake. Camped over a long weekend for the first time with temps in the 90s. With shore power and the Danhard the humidity and heat was not an issue.

This iconic orange RB with wakeboat was the original image that got my wife and I interested in SMBs in the first place.
Attached Thumbnails
smb-moomba-0613.jpg