Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2017, 01:35 PM   #1

Starting my Rig - 2001 E350 7.3l

Hi All

I'm posting to get advice and share ideas as I begin my journey to building my family adventure rig.

Base Vehicle:
2001 E350 Super Duty Club Wagon XLT
7.3 L Diesel engine
2WD
38,000 Miles
California Origin

Plans:

Phase 1: Engine Programmer and Towing Accs.
Phase 2: Whitefeather 4x4 Conversion
Phase 3: Custom Interior/Exterior Accs.
Phase 4: SMB Pop Up

A-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:07 PM   #2
MSD

Garage
Nice low mile 7.3L great find.
Why whitefeather? Just Curious?
Personally you'll get more value both re-sale and performance from MG, Ujoint or Agile.
But this is just my opinion, I think some will agree with this...
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
Nice low mile 7.3L great find.
Why whitefeather? Just Curious?
Personally you'll get more value both re-sale and performance from MG, Ujoint or Agile.
But this is just my opinion, I think some will agree with this...
Thanks. I feel it was a good find, though I did pay a premium for the low miles.

Leaning towards Whitefeather because they are relatively close to me.

I'll do some more research on the others. UJoint is too far away, but I hear they do great work. What is "MG"?
Old 09-15-2017, 02:29 PM   #4
MSD

Garage
MG = www.expovans.com he's designed the best coil spring 4x4 system on the market. Has correct castor & can run 35's easy. Chris at ujoint markets the same product as his but it's MG's. I'd give Michael a call it will be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:41 PM   #5

I have to admit, when I first read your post I thought, "wow sweet 7.3 van with amazingly low miles! Wait, why Whitefeather?" You may have a great experience with them and being close has some value I'm sure, but you're about to drop a decent chunk of change on something you'll be carrying your family around in for hopefully many miles. Its worth checking out Agile in SoCal or MG/Expo Vans up here in Oregon.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:54 PM   #6

Garage
I didnt realize whitefeather even still existed and I'm literally on here all the time, if that says anything.

Sweet van!

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:30 PM   #7

Garage
There's something to be said for getting custom work local. Ask anyone who had advanced do their van that doesn't live in the greater slc area...

Zipping through white feathers site they got some badass looking sprinters, but no info that I could find regarding eseries. How do they convert fords and what components? Leaf or coil springs?
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:38 PM   #8

Some recommendations from a 7.3 owner:
4x4 conversion west of Mississippi -
Agile for a sweet ride, MG for solid front axle, or Quadvan - definitely coil over.
Resale, performance, construction, technology and value is top for any these. But best ride will be Agile plus you do not have to go with min 4" lift if you want to stay low. Gearing, if you have 4.10 pretty much set (doubtful in a passenger), 3.73 gearing if not towing and tires are 265 or smaller, 4.10 otherwise. Check to see if you have a full floater rear end. If not, cheaper to change the semi out when doing the conversion.

CCV top, forget about the SMB top. There is just no comparison. None. Get on CCV's waiting list ASAP.

Tuner - 60 highway, 1100 high idle, 40 tow if needed. Forget the 80 or higher. Do the Tranny cooler upgrade. Check with Ford to see that recall's have been done.

Nice find!!!
Old 09-16-2017, 08:49 AM   #9

Sweet congrats!
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
There's something to be said for getting custom work local. Ask anyone who had advanced do their van that doesn't live in the greater slc area...

Zipping through white feathers site they got some badass looking sprinters, but no info that I could find regarding eseries. How do they convert fords and what components? Leaf or coil springs?
Speaking with the owner, they do coil springs front on a late model F350 Super Duty Dana 60 High Pinion. The tout that all of their work is DOT compliant and fully serviceable at Ford. All greasable/serviceable linkages. They do a lot of work for military and gov 4x4's, so I thought that was a good qualification. A close friend had his done with them and is very pleased. Keeping an open mind and weighing options.