Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2014, 05:23 PM   #41

Re: We are back in a SMB! (Barn Find)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureduo
Rally, i hear you there on the Quigley. But for 90% of what we do right now it will be fine. Already have replacement arms and trac bar part #'s in cue to be ordered with newer beefier style.

Eventually it will get leafs upfront.. maybe a Ujoint kit or SMB's kit. We'll see.
Yeah, good plan. Truth be told, I would have jumped on it even with Quigley.. you might try Agile/Ramsey's package, people seem to have good things to say about that. And it's a lot easier than going to leafs.

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:47 PM   #42

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam
Quote:
Rally, i hear you there on the Quigley. But for 90% of what we do right now it will be fine. Already have replacement arms and trac bar part #'s in cue to be ordered with newer beefier style.

Eventually it will get leafs upfront.. maybe a Ujoint kit or SMB's kit. We'll see.
Yeah, good plan. Truth be told, I would have jumped on it even with Quigley.. you might try Agile/Ramsey's package, people seem to have good things to say about that. And it's a lot easier than going to leafs.
Dave,

Bring that awesome find down to the shop and I'll install our Quigley Ride Improvement Package (New front coil springs and four custom tuned FOX Shocks) and let you test drive the package for a month!

If you are not impressed, I'll put all your original parts back on for free, or you can buy the springs and shocks and keep them. Either way I'll cover the labor, so you have nothing to lose.

I'll guarantee our "RIP" Kit will out perform any leaf spring package you can come up with.

Ramsey
Agile Off-Road "RIP"

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:19 PM   #43

Quote:
I held on to the money and looked at different vehicles, Tigers, Cab-over types, and even tested the XP Camper V2. We kept coming back to the SMB.
Looks like a great find Dave. I recall speaking to you and Yosh at the Gorman Toys for Tots for a while about what your next rig would be...all while we were bundled up around that campfire with heavy winds and snow! Brent and I had a chance to hang out in the XP V2 for a bit and while it was a nice setup it doesn't compare to the layout and ease of the van. You wanted the RB but I think you will enjoy the extra space at the expense of dragging once in a while.
That Gorman outing was a lot of fun by the way, good job. It was nice to head back into the van with the Espar going and enjoy the snow and later tag along wheeling with Brent and Ramsey. I don't think those in the Jeeps and other vehicles enjoyed it as much , although everyone seemed to have fun.
Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:52 AM   #44

Garage

Quote:
If you are not impressed, I'll put all your original parts back on for free, or you can buy the springs and shocks and keep them. Either way I'll cover the labor, so you have nothing to lose.
This is amazing try getting this any were else. I love this Forum.
pinz712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #45

Your van is bad to the bone! We have the same walk-through design with the gaucho couch (RB) and I have entertained 7-8 people inside at a time! It's so roomy.

Congrats on finding such a nice rig.

Enjoy!

PS New or old, that is one of the nicest layout/option packages I have seen on here.
E277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:58 PM   #46

Welcome back! I've enjoyed your posts, and that is an AWESOME find for that old of a van with that low of miles!
Old 02-16-2014, 03:49 PM   #47

Are you going to add a PH bed or does the couch work for you?.You have my favorite floor plan. Very nice rig. I suggest naming her Unicorn for it is truly a mythical beast.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #48
Site Team

Been some months now without an update Dave. What's going on?

Herb