Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2016, 03:20 PM   #1

We finally bought a Sportsmobile!

We finally bought a Sportsmobile, but not one with a typical layout. As some of you folks might recall, the wife and I had sold our diesel pusher due to our age and the little use it was getting, and we were dead set on buying a travel/camping type of van that could be garaged, but the garage part did not work out for us, for whatever reasons. Out of all of the things that we thought were most important to us, and there were a bunch, in the final analysis, it was overall vehicle condition, air conditioning, and low mileage that proved to be the most important to us. That, and the convenience of it being available locally rather than having to travel to see it; plus it was being sold by some mighty fine people.

It is a 2008 Ford E350 SD, 6.0L Diesel with about 36,000 miles on it, and we hope to start using it in the very near future, with, perhaps, a trip to Texas later in the year, but we might put that off until next year. The previous and original owners bought it to transport their dogs to shows and/or transport them between duty stations, and since it was kept clean as a whistle, so to speak, and used so very little, it fits our need as is. That said, we have also been thinking of having the platform removed and putting in more of the typical camping type amenities. Right now, it has a small fridge, microwave, Danhard AC, electric top with bed, 2000W Tripp-Lite Inverter/Charger, Powertech Diesel 3.0K (?) Generator, plus fresh water tank, outdoor shower, extra battery, etc.

We're very happy with it, although my wife looks as if she is trying to put her foot in a stirrup to mount a stallion in order to get to her seat...it's all good, so thought we'd share the good news with you fine folks!

James

James4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:21 PM   #2

Garage
Looks super nice, Congratulations!

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
Looks super nice, Congratulations!
Thank you, Jsweezy!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2016, 07:09 PM   #4

Very sweet, congrats and have lots of fun with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:17 PM   #5

Garage
That does look fine! And ready to go, though you can always and endlessly throw more money at it! Congrats on the super find.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:45 AM   #6

Thanks for the additional comments Tienckb and Jeffrey! I wouldn't mind throwing more money at it, but I have to deal with the little lady on that and unless I sell some other toys, she's not likely to okay a 4WD add!!!!! We are hoping to make the Cody Gun Show and Buffalo Bill Museum come this July, though, and that should really be fun!
Old 04-26-2016, 02:58 PM   #7

Garage
Congratulations on a superb clean vehicle.

Get your local diesel mechanic to check it over, particularly the Ficm and condition of the batteries.

Then if everything is fine, ensure vehicle stays on charge. Low voltage can be the start of major problems for 6.0 diesels.

Cheers Doug
2008 Yellow Ford E350 6.0 diesel eb50 4x4, Front E Locker, Asheville Eng Rebuil 20th @ 261miles, ARP Studds, 200amp Alternator, Performance Aluminium Radiator, OnBoardAir, RoadmasterActiveSuspension, Front & Rear Aluminess with Spare Tire Carrier, Aluminess Roof Rack, Titan Aft 30gallon Fuel Tank.
Sheriffdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:36 AM   #8

Thank you for the tips, Doug! I'll make sure that I do just that, as some of the stories and expensive repairs that I have read about are scary!

Take care, man, and thanks, again!

James