Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-19-2009, 09:27 AM   #31
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 37
Send a message via MSN to SuperSuz
Re: Wow! I own a Sportsmobile!!! And it's Super!


This van was at Lake Del Valle, Hayward. It was old school and the owner was a big camper van fan.

He rigged up some really cool PVC pipes that held oil lanterns on the side of the van using the metal lip of the roof of the van. Take a look...






__________________

__________________
Proud member of the Oakland Motorcycle Club
Weekends were made for adventures. Weekdays were made for chores and getting ready for the weekend.
SuperSuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:33 AM   #32
Pax
Junior Member
 
Pax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 26
Re: Wow! I own a Sportsmobile!!! And it's Super!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSuz
...I like the room in the van and I like the fact that I can get into the driver seat and drive away from danger if some wierdo starts hanging around the van. I'll just take off if I'm in it and having trouble without going around from the outside of the truck as would be the case in a truck camper shell set-up.
Same reason we're going with a SMB instead of a truck camper...too damn many weirdos out there.
__________________

Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:52 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: France, Europe
Posts: 617
Send a message via MSN to saabman
Re: Wow! I own a Sportsmobile!!! And it's Super!

Wow Supersuz
That idea is great!!! Really nee to get a couple fitted, I have always wondered where to hand that darn lamp!
__________________
New ride: 2000 Chevy Suburban 1500 4WD
1998 Chevy Express 2500 past project
+ 1990 Mitsubishi Pajero V6 3.0l
+ 2001 Saab 9-5 Aero Hirsch
+ 1972 Saab 96 V4 (not running)
+ fixed house (Argh)
saabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #34
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 37
Send a message via MSN to SuperSuz
Re: Wow! I own a Sportsmobile!!! And it's Super!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabman
Wow Supersuz
That idea is great!!! Really nee to get a couple fitted, I have always wondered where to hand that darn lamp!
Well Cool! It's a whole lot better with PICS, folks.


However, on this site, the instructions and the way the site works, I don't want to post pics. I came here to try to post a crap load of travels pics to the road report site and I tried three different ways to do it. Obviously, I figured out how to post pics to this thread. But forgot. I remember thinking that it took forever to get it right, though.

I'm not posting any road reports until someone makes it super easy to use what I already have on file at photo sites.

Meanwhile, you can see my photos here:
Not all are public.
http://cid-b363fb15d1176d5f.skydrive.li ... lbums.aspx


Thanks
__________________
Proud member of the Oakland Motorcycle Club
Weekends were made for adventures. Weekdays were made for chores and getting ready for the weekend.
SuperSuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
geoffff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 858
Re: Wow! I own a Sportsmobile!!! And it's Super!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSuz
...I like the room in the van and I like the fact that I can get into the driver seat and drive away from danger if some wierdo starts hanging around the van. I'll just take off if I'm in it and having trouble without going around from the outside of the truck as would be the case in a truck camper shell set-up.
Same reason we're going with a SMB instead of a truck camper...too damn many weirdos out there.
Amen to that. That's a huge advantage! I haven't actually met any weirdos yet, but it'll happen someday. I'd definitely feel trapped in a truck camper without some kind of pass-through.

-- Geoff
__________________
2004 Ford, SMB 4x4, RB-50
http://octopup.org/sportsmobile
geoffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #36
Site Team
 
BroncoHauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southern New Mexico
Posts: 7,809
Re: Wow! I own a Sportsmobile!!! And it's Super!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax
...too damn many weirdos out there.
Is it safe to assume you're not referring to forum members?
__________________
SMB-less as of 02/04/2012. Our savings account is richer, but our adventures are poorer.
BroncoHauler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
geoffff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 858
Re: Wow! I own a Sportsmobile!!! And it's Super!

Present company excluded, I'm sure.

-- Geoff
__________________
2004 Ford, SMB 4x4, RB-50
http://octopup.org/sportsmobile
geoffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:03 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Bones_GSXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spenard, Ak
Posts: 327
Re: Wow! I own a Sportsmobile!!! And it's Super!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_hauler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax
...too damn many weirdos out there.
Is it safe to assume you're not referring to forum members?
Its strange you say that. I get alot of wisecracks as I drive a white, windowless cargo van. The girls at the shop used to call it the "Date Rape Van" even with the fact that I have been married for 21 years.
__________________
2001 RWB Quigley (not a SMB but love it)
Lots of Motorcycles (Dual Sports, Sportbikes and Sport Tourers)
Bones_GSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:13 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
jage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Franktown, CO
Posts: 7,560
Re: Wow! I own a Sportsmobile!!! And it's Super!

Maybe you're sending the wrong message?



Attached Thumbnails
bones_GSXR.jpg  
__________________
and then
everything changed
jage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:31 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
cellularSTEVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,065
Re: Wow! I own a Sportsmobile!!! And it's Super!

Hey,


I like my white van.

steve
__________________

__________________
'05 Ford V-10 4x4 SMB "50" White
'00 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 Highly Modified
'04 Jeep Grand Cherokee- wife won't let me modify it. :-(
Does anyone really read this stuff other than surfgeek?
cellularSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.