Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2010, 02:36 PM   #41

Send a message via MSN to SuperSuz
Re: Wow! I own a Sportsmobile!!! And it's Super!

You guys!

I'm thinking of recarpeting the van and getting that rubber stuff put in over the carpet in the back.

Any feedback and suggestions?

Thanks, Suz

PS I sure could use a lesson on how to properly post pics at this site. I forgot and I'll want to show off the carpet.

Suz

Old 04-18-2010, 10:40 PM   #42

Wright's Beach campout X 2
Big Sur campout
Baja
Los Angeles area
South Arizona
Death Valley X2
Tomey/ Panoche BLM / Mercey Hot Springs
Gold Country campout
Stoneyford campout
A really cool BMW rally in Colorado
Markleeville campout
Sierra Hot Springs
Travertine Hotsprings
Lake Tahoe, NV
Mammoth Lakes
Benton Hot Springs
Tonopah Rest Stop (one nighter), NV
Remington Hot Springs (Lake Isabella/Kern River)
Moab, Utah
Capital Reef, Utah
Crested Butte, CO
Ouray, CO
Zion, Utah
Las Vegas, Nevada
Extraterrestrial Hwy, Nevada
Fish Lake, Utah
Mystic Hot Springs, Utah
Buena Vista, CO
Strawberry Hot Springs, CO
a couple of Walmart parking lots too

That's a list of what I can think of, there are a few more places I've been with the van.
I've had it for about two years now and I really feel like I'm just getting started.

I encourage all of you guys to take your vans out. Don't let them sit. Chores are for weekdays.
Weekends are for adventures.

Since I last posted, I have made a few more mods on the van. First, I covered the old carpet with that flexible vinyl sheeting and the walnut matches the fake walnut in the van very well. Next, I covered that with outdoor carpet. I was going to put down metal carpet strips but decided to not do it since it would loose the integrity of the original carpet by making holes. I may still do that, though. I have a little video of this if anyone wants to see it. I can post it on the net and provide a link.

I have installed a few puck extra lights and changed out all the bulbs to LED.

I still would like to install solar and may do that this summer.

Enjoy!
Suz
Old 04-18-2010, 10:41 PM   #43

Oh yeah. I forgot Lake Duval campout
Ha
Old 08-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #44

I changed all hoses and water pump on my 1994 van in Incline Village, Tahoe and all worked out fine. Except, the thermostat guage on the dash is not working even though the radiator and system is doing its job. That gets fixed tomorrow and then the entire cooling system will have been replaced.

Just came back from a Montana via Virgin Valley Warm Springs in NV (free), Steens Mtns/Alvord Desert in NV (free), Boise supplies stop-off and then headed into the Idaho mountains to search for hot springs. (They are everywhere). Then headed towards Jackson, WY and took a look at Jackson-spend-a-lot-Hole, The Grand Tetons and Ol' Faithful before heading over to Montana for a moto rally. It did a lot of dirt roads with hardly a problem and several passes were really steep, one-laners.

My van appears to be way more sexy than I am. Seems the rally attendees liked my van a lot and many asked to check it out. She started out with a radiator hose pop-this after the mechanic just said that the hoses and the pump seemed fine and not to worry.

Couple of questions I'll be posting:

1. Swivel seats on this 1994 van. I saw a swivel seat bracket online for 138 bucks. I was wondering if anyone was ever successful in turning their seat that was in the van INTO A SWIVEL seat by buying just a swivel bracket. Was that a big pain?

2. Can Sportsmobile replace the canvas top on older vans? Mine is cracking a bit and I have attemped to reduce that but that won't hold forever. Now, I have hot pot oven squares velcroed where the bracket hardware touches the canvas and wears at it. This creates a padded buffer.

3. Dirt and dust entering from the rear door. Anyone successfully replace their door insulation strips or should a dealer / detailer / pro do something like that?

Thanks! Suz
Old 08-10-2010, 04:25 PM   #45

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSuz
...I like the room in the van and I like the fact that I can get into the driver seat and drive away from danger if some wierdo starts hanging around the van. I'll just take off if I'm in it and having trouble without going around from the outside of the truck as would be the case in a truck camper shell set-up.
Same reason we're going with a SMB instead of a truck camper...too damn many weirdos out there.

Define weirdo: gallery/image_page.php?album_id=116&image_id=10206

Z

https://www.tomsinclair.net
Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #46

Quote:
Define weirdo:
Wow Z,

You need to meet me before classifying me as a weirdo. Then it's fair game.

Phil

- 2005 EB50 6.0PSD - SMB 4x4
pjpvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:16 PM   #47
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpvi
Quote:
Define weirdo:
Wow Z,

You need to meet me before classifying me as a weirdo. Then it's fair game.

Phil
If I were to admit that I think the mannequin waitress is kinda hot, then you could call me a weirdo, but I'm not admitting anything.

Herb