Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2016, 04:10 PM   #1

5 Point Film Festival Van Life Rally

We did this event last year, great group of people and variety of rigs. Its the same weekend as Expo, it all kicks off with the van life rally Thursday night in AVL from 4-10. Lots going on, ck it out. We'll have 7 rigs there!

5Point Film Festival

ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:59 AM   #2

Man, I had no idea. That looks pretty cool. When will you guys be moving things over to Expo, Friday morning?
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:42 PM   #3

No Expo for us, just this show. My $ is better spent elsewhere.
ujointoffroad.com
Old 09-18-2016, 06:52 PM   #4

Garage
We'll be headed up that way in our new sportsmobile, maybe we can meet up with the group at some point. Where will you guys be staying?
allenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:04 PM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UJOINT View Post
We did this event last year, great group of people and variety of rigs. Its the same weekend as Expo, it all kicks off with the van life rally Thursday night in AVL from 4-10. Lots going on, ck it out. We'll have 7 rigs there!

5Point Film Festival

Just saw that the van rally is on the 5 Point schedule. Sounds like a good time. I made it to the 5Point a couple of times in CO and its was always great.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:06 PM   #6

Quote:
No Expo for us, just this show. My $ is better spent elsewhere.
I certainly get that. I can't imagine what the vendor rates are on the Biltmore grounds. I'm not too pleased about paying $75 for a one day pass including the Biltmore pass that I have no interest in. I'm still not sure if I'm even going.

Maybe I'll just come check out where you guys are.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenl View Post
We'll be headed up that way in our new sportsmobile, maybe we can meet up with the group at some point. Where will you guys be staying?
Nice. The UJOR crew and friends will be at the VLR and then we're headed to the woods to camp for the weekend.

Quote:
Just saw that the van rally is on the 5 Point schedule. Sounds like a good time. I made it to the 5Point a couple of times in CO and its was always great.
Looking forward to it. More time than last year so we'll all be able to ck out the other rigs and have a good ol time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
I certainly get that. I can't imagine what the vendor rates are on the Biltmore grounds. I'm not too pleased about paying $75 for a one day pass including the Biltmore pass that I have no interest in. I'm still not sure if I'm even going.

Maybe I'll just come check out where you guys are.

It winds up costing me several thousand and the benefits just aren't there. The extra cost of the Biltmore pass is crazy too but hasn't seemed to affect the show much. And, if it rains there will be big problems!
ujointoffroad.com
Old 09-19-2016, 09:50 AM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Nice. The UJOR crew and friends will be at the VLR and then we're headed to the woods to camp for the weekend.
My new ride just so happens to be a UJOR 6" conversion done last fall by a shop in Durango. I emailed the 5point contact to try to reserve a spot at the VLR. Looking forward to meeting you guys.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:25 AM   #9

Quote:
My new ride just so happens to be a UJOR 6" conversion done last fall by a shop in Durango. I emailed the 5point contact to try to reserve a spot at the VLR. Looking forward to meeting you guys.
Nice! Let me know what you hear, I think all spots have been filled. She actually has a backlog of rigs that want to come, capped it at 50. I may have an extra spot.
ujointoffroad.com
Old 09-19-2016, 12:03 PM   #10

Garage
Quote:
Nice! Let me know what you hear, I think all spots have been filled. She actually has a backlog of rigs that want to come, capped it at 50. I may have an extra spot.
I emailed micah at 5pointfilm.org, that was contact listed on the facebook page for RSVP. I'll let you know what I hear back, if not.... save that space!