Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-17-2016, 04:10 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
UJOINT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: AVL NC
Posts: 947
5 Point Film Festival Van Life Rally

We did this event last year, great group of people and variety of rigs. Its the same weekend as Expo, it all kicks off with the van life rally Thursday night in AVL from 4-10. Lots going on, ck it out. We'll have 7 rigs there!

5Point Film Festival
__________________

__________________
Chris Steuber
02 E350 7.3 (V4)
00 E250 5.4 (V6)
05 E350 V10 (V7)
99 E36 M3
http://www.ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:59 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
86Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 6,465
Man, I had no idea. That looks pretty cool. When will you guys be moving things over to Expo, Friday morning?
__________________

__________________
98 Silver E350 V10 home build
Rusty the Rusty 95 SMB (sold)
Tryptovan the blue CCV van (sold)
Vans flip flops
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:42 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
UJOINT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: AVL NC
Posts: 947
No Expo for us, just this show. My $ is better spent elsewhere.
__________________
Chris Steuber
02 E350 7.3 (V4)
00 E250 5.4 (V6)
05 E350 V10 (V7)
99 E36 M3
http://www.ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:52 PM   #4
Member
 
allenl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 55
Garage
We'll be headed up that way in our new sportsmobile, maybe we can meet up with the group at some point. Where will you guys be staying?
allenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:04 PM   #5
Member
 
allenl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 55
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UJOINT View Post
We did this event last year, great group of people and variety of rigs. Its the same weekend as Expo, it all kicks off with the van life rally Thursday night in AVL from 4-10. Lots going on, ck it out. We'll have 7 rigs there!

5Point Film Festival

Just saw that the van rally is on the 5 Point schedule. Sounds like a good time. I made it to the 5Point a couple of times in CO and its was always great.
allenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:06 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
86Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 6,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by UJOINT View Post
No Expo for us, just this show. My $ is better spent elsewhere.
I certainly get that. I can't imagine what the vendor rates are on the Biltmore grounds. I'm not too pleased about paying $75 for a one day pass including the Biltmore pass that I have no interest in. I'm still not sure if I'm even going.

Maybe I'll just come check out where you guys are.

__________________
98 Silver E350 V10 home build
Rusty the Rusty 95 SMB (sold)
Tryptovan the blue CCV van (sold)
Vans flip flops
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:14 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
UJOINT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: AVL NC
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenl View Post
We'll be headed up that way in our new sportsmobile, maybe we can meet up with the group at some point. Where will you guys be staying?
Nice. The UJOR crew and friends will be at the VLR and then we're headed to the woods to camp for the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenl View Post
Just saw that the van rally is on the 5 Point schedule. Sounds like a good time. I made it to the 5Point a couple of times in CO and its was always great.
Looking forward to it. More time than last year so we'll all be able to ck out the other rigs and have a good ol time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
I certainly get that. I can't imagine what the vendor rates are on the Biltmore grounds. I'm not too pleased about paying $75 for a one day pass including the Biltmore pass that I have no interest in. I'm still not sure if I'm even going.

Maybe I'll just come check out where you guys are.

It winds up costing me several thousand and the benefits just aren't there. The extra cost of the Biltmore pass is crazy too but hasn't seemed to affect the show much. And, if it rains there will be big problems!
__________________
Chris Steuber
02 E350 7.3 (V4)
00 E250 5.4 (V6)
05 E350 V10 (V7)
99 E36 M3
http://www.ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:50 AM   #8
Member
 
allenl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 55
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UJOINT View Post
Nice. The UJOR crew and friends will be at the VLR and then we're headed to the woods to camp for the weekend.
My new ride just so happens to be a UJOR 6" conversion done last fall by a shop in Durango. I emailed the 5point contact to try to reserve a spot at the VLR. Looking forward to meeting you guys.
allenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:25 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
UJOINT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: AVL NC
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenl View Post
My new ride just so happens to be a UJOR 6" conversion done last fall by a shop in Durango. I emailed the 5point contact to try to reserve a spot at the VLR. Looking forward to meeting you guys.
Nice! Let me know what you hear, I think all spots have been filled. She actually has a backlog of rigs that want to come, capped it at 50. I may have an extra spot.
__________________
Chris Steuber
02 E350 7.3 (V4)
00 E250 5.4 (V6)
05 E350 V10 (V7)
99 E36 M3
http://www.ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:03 PM   #10
Member
 
allenl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 55
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UJOINT View Post
Nice! Let me know what you hear, I think all spots have been filled. She actually has a backlog of rigs that want to come, capped it at 50. I may have an extra spot.
I emailed micah at 5pointfilm.org, that was contact listed on the facebook page for RSVP. I'll let you know what I hear back, if not.... save that space!
__________________

allenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.