Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 11:48 PM   #101

Garage
Well, it ain't over yet. We're still out there!

Steve (cellular) and I are holed up in Panamint Springs for an extra night in this magnificent desert winter air. Unbelievably, this campground has WIRELESS, so I am reporting directly from my SMB in Death Valley right now. Jeremiah is staying in Beatty NV. Others have departed. I will make more official reports after I get home.

I only have a few images ready to post, but none of the group yet. This is from Zabriski Point.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:16 PM   #102

Damn JG, That shot is just amazing!!! I'm envious sitting at my desk, with our SMB parked, damn. We will be heading N up 395 on Friday morning and should be in Bishop by 3 or 4pm. If you are in the area, drop us a line.

Herb, after 10 days of intense seaching by Riverside, SBCo, LACo & Ventura SAR & K9 teams...the seach has been called off. Next weekend other units will certainly be on site, but at this point I beleive it is a recovery. Soon as more snow melts, I'm sure he will be located. And no, my SMB doesn't see use on SAR ops...although our Team would like to purchase one for the purpose of transporting members to out-of-county ops. Recently, we had the family of person we rescued donate a large endownment to our unit, so that might be a not too distant reality.

-Jeff
Old 01-16-2008, 04:06 PM   #103

I'm locking this thread so members don't have to read through 7 pages of planning to view our trip results.

I've created an ftp folder for sharing of full size photos by attendees. If you don't get login info via email, email or PM me.

I will create a gallery for downsized photos so all attendees can post their photos in one location accessible to the forum. I still need to work on that so be patient.