Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2015, 06:33 AM   #11

Garage
Re: aarowrock dam to blacks creek. a love day mini trip repo

^^^ especially dry at this point. most of that route past the bridge (point c on map) should have had enough snow on it to make it unpassable, especially in the shaded areas. this is the first year weve ever camped in february. its jacking up our snowboard season, but extending our camp season. i dont know if im happy or mad about the whole situation. i just hope this lack of moisture isnt a sign that idaho will be on fire again all summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeb
A buddy and I are planning a similar route for this summer on bicycles. My wife will drive the van for support.
you are more man than i, but that sounds like a cool adventure. you should let me know when you do this. we can camp along the route someplace and be a stop along the way if you didnt mind. you time it right and you could end up with a 4 course meal out in the middle of nowhere. we have some master camp chefs in our clan and they love putting on competitions to see who likes whos food the best.

and yes, all the springs right along the river banks would be under water at this point. river is at or near its usual spring runoff height...in feb, lol. however there are a few that arent right on the water and they should be accessible, but the "itch" seems to live in the springs that dont have cold water sources and utilize mixing pools. for some reason the red spider mites love chewing on me little bastids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
Thanks for the report. Looks like a great area and nice that you shared some places to camp.
One of these days I hope to get up that way.
np on the report, just glad a few of you enjoyed it. some of the other members make incredible trip reports and im trying to follow suit. we just need to work on our

definitely a great area, and isnt that the point of trip reports? to show others where to play??

and anytime you can swing by our little state, wed love to have ya dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty
Cool, looks nice even with a cellphone camera. Thanks for sharing!

you bet! thanks for taking the time to comment, we appreciate it

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:21 AM   #12

Solid trip. Cool spots!
I'm always scouting out campsites, even if I never come back to the area...
Old 02-23-2015, 01:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie
^^^
you are more man than i, but that sounds like a cool adventure. you should let me know when you do this. we can camp along the route someplace and be a stop along the way if you didnt mind. you time it right and you could end up with a 4 course meal out in the middle of nowhere. we have some master camp chefs in our clan and they love putting on competitions to see who likes whos food the best.
Not sure if it will all come together yet. Still in the discussion phase. Interesting that those roads are clear of snow already. I wouldn't have expected that. I will keep you posted on what happens. So many places to ride and so little time.
ldeb is offline   Reply With Quote