Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #11
Site Team

Garage
Re: Anybody looking to peddle a Mt Bike this weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseberry
I need to make out and ride that trail. I was on the Krampus with 29 inch wheels and 3+ inch tires it just wanted to role
Mescal. Lots of fun. I just picked up a 29r to complement my Turner 5 spot. I think one of these would be fun as well. Saw the review on Expedition Portal.

Yes I will have one but they will not be in until fall or spring. I trying to at least get a demo

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:17 PM   #12

Garage

hell ya, that ride looked fun! if i was local i would have taken you up on your invite in a heartbeat...

props for doing it full rigid too. i rode full rigid till about 5-6 years ago. now i ride like a grandpa on my cush mobile its sad, but i figure at least im still riding. at least thats what i tell myself, lol.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:44 PM   #13
Site Team

Garage

I was amazed on how smooth the big wheels roll for being a rigid bike . It has a few inches of travel in the tires and as you can see the bars are WIDE and the stem is short so it was really like riding a bmx bike as a youngster. I do have a cushy bike on the way but I really like this Krampus for its handling and manors. I was going to put it for sale but it might stay just for its fun and rarity see it was a one off for the reps.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:22 PM   #14

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseberry
OK so none of you wanted to ride on saturday.
A bunch of us rode on Saturday... just not in your neck. I rode your namesake in full colors...

with my favorite riding partner

Strava or it didn't happen
http://www.strava.com/activities/131622970 2 8yr olds.
http://www.strava.com/activities/131279890 Pile-o-kids
http://www.strava.com/activities/132400498 Super tech for 8

Desert riding is in full swing.
Best,
Dick
dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:50 AM   #15
Site Team

Garage

The Mesa is still my number one place to ride and camp..

Old 04-22-2014, 07:43 AM   #16

Garage

i thought the bars looked extra wide, but its hard to know for sure in the vid. id like to try some wider bars, but most are low rise. my back doesnt like being bent over like that for hours at a time. i had to go with a high(er) rise bar/stem combo. made a huge difference in how long i could play without ill effects.

i finially sold my rigid a few years back. got twice what i paid for it in the early 90's. apparently the fat chance bikes are a big hit over seas (austria). the bike had been run over by a full size chevy (i saw its front tire on the downtube), and the forks had been ground along the road. the forks ended up only being bent 2mm, so i just kept using them. the oldschool xtr axle took all the damage. frame was still 100% true. i disclosed this info on ebay, and the guy still wanted it miss the bike for sure though. had a lot of good times on it.

while i made some good cash off that, it was nothing compared to what i made off my old bmx stuff. if youve got any, its worth an insane amount of cash these days. i cleared $499 bucks just for my old bmx action magazines!

oh and we did ride last saturday, but nothing crazy. just dinked around a state park checking out crazyass rock formations, insanely fit rock climbing girls butts in their spandex, and terrorizing local bullsnakes, lol.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote