Old 09-02-2019, 01:07 PM   #1

Anyone headed to Baja this year?

With another Alaska trip completed, it's time for a major service to the van to get ready for the annual migration to Baja. At this time, REF and I are planning on meeting up at some point in November, but no solid date has been set yet. Normally, I like to take in the Baja 1000 (beginning Nov 19th)before spending a few weeks camping on the beach, drinking margaritas and eating fish taco's. At this point, there is no set itinerary, just a desire to see the race and then do some exploring and camping. Any one care to join up?

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
www.arctictraveller.com
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:55 PM   #2

I just put in a time off request for the Thursday and Friday before Veterans Day weekend.

We did it last year and missed perfect 82 degree air and 78 degree water by three days. Got blown out by the Chubascos on the Sea of Cortez, but scored light offshore winds on the Pacific side...
We'll be shooting for Gonzaga bay with the southern Seven Sisters area as a backup.

Would love to hook up for a few Pacificos and fish tacos!

DosMars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:05 AM   #3
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Not sure of details on our end yet, things are morphing, but we most likely wonít be getting down to Baja until December/January. Plan is to spend at least a few months exploring areas further south this time around.

We made our way out of AK, leaving the fires and smoke behind. Itís a complete mess with fires burning down along the Sterling hwy/Cooper landing area and up north along the parks hwy. We ventured down to Skagway and spent a few nights out at Dyea. Weíre currently in the Yukon, outside of Whitehorse, enjoying full blown fall colors.....
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote